none
Assign dynamic values to the textbox on custom dialog (ex : Edita1Value )

Question

• Hi,

I have one of my client who needs some customization on setup.exe

1) Can we assign dynamic values to EditaValue on custom dialog.If so, then how ?

ex: I have a textbox where user can  enter the connection string;In this connection string i have to provide datasource i.e. Server Name from inranet while performing the installation.

2) Can i remove the DiskCost button from Installation Folder dialog.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Shamveel.

• Moved by Larcolais Gong Friday, December 31, 2010 5:48 AM (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Friday, December 24, 2010 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Shamveel,

Thank you for posting.

Regarding your first question, I suggest that you can add a configuration file in your app. You can configure your connection string according a differential parameter.

Regarding your second question, I suggest that you can use Orac Tool, go to the Control table, and there’ll be a FolderForm dialog with DiskCostButton in the Control column. You can change the attributes of that DiskCostButton from 3 to 0.

For further questions, I suggest that you can ask your question to deployment forum. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/winformssetup/threads/

Best Regards,

Larcolais

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 27, 2010 6:08 AM
  • Hi Gong,

Thanks for you reply.

I have a configuration file in my application , to update the server name in the same file , i ask user to enter the value during the installation done through MSI. But now client want us to automate the process and want us to display the server name by default in that text box. Could you please help me out with this.

The link you gave is more related to click once deployment . I wont think that forum will help me out with this !.

i have posted the same here : http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winformssetup/thread/0bc31434-0d9c-4276-97f0-030168087994

Thanks again...

Regards

Shamveel.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:42 AM