Procedure entry point wow64enablewow64fsredirection could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll

General discussion

• I have a VB 6 application that uses a date picker. When trying to access the form that uses date picker on a Windows 7 machine, gives an error "you must specify a license string for the control". On an earlier occasion, simply re-registering the control MSCOMCTL.OCX and/or MSCOMCT@.dll using regsvr32 solved the problem. However, when two of my customers attempt to re-register now, on two separate Windows 7 machines I get the following error.

"The procedure entry point wow64enablewow64fsredirection could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll"

Anyone else run into this before? Any suggestions?

TIA.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:42 AM

All replies

• Help me out here....this relates to Windows Live OneCare, how?

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare

I'm thinking that the VB6 forum might be a better choice for you - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=193838

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:39 AM
  • Stephen-

My bad.  I googled for my error and landed on this forum... and didn't realize where I was posting. Thanks for the link I will pursue my search there.

Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:51 AM