none
a question about the Sora's application

Question

• hello,all

I learned the Sora software structure and i think the sora is an sdr-miniport adapter which implements 802.11 function.

So i assume that it can communicate with some applications based on TCP/IP.Such as Microsoft Netmeeting. And I test it but failed.

I want to ask that:
    1) Does Sora support other test tools except the iperf?
    2) Whether can we use some applications to run on the Sora 802.11 platform? (eg.Netmeeting )
    thanks.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 5:01 AM

All replies

• Sora SDR application driver (miniport) provides a virtual Ethernet interface to OS.

So, in principle, any application can run upon it (not only iperf). for example, we have been tested with iexplorer, ftp, VLC, etc. We have not tested with netmeeting, but I cannot think of any reason why it cannot run.

Would you please try to double check your netmeeting settings and find why it fails?

Thanks,

- Kun

Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:11 AM
    Owner
  • Hello kun, I test with a tool named "TCP&UDP test tool". And when I choose the transport layer protocol with UDP/IP, the sora can transmit successful. But when I choose the TCP/IP, the sora tried to set up the connection but always failed. So I want to ask if sora can directly use the application with TCP/IP or not (eg.using Socket as an interface with TCP?) thanks a lot.
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:34 AM
  • Hi Albert,

The answer from my side is yes.

Please play with netmeeting setting around. For example, have you tried to setup it with an Ethernet connection?

Best,

- Kun

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 2:47 AM
    Owner