To be sure it is from MICROSOFT AWARD TEAM THE PROMOTION DEPARTMENT

Question

• Hello, I received this e-mail  Fri, Aug 19, 2011 from "claimagent@micawarddept.net"And there  was an attached certificate to this mail and I am already give  sending personal information to this bank.at last the bank will be asked me kindly proceed with the payment of the required bank transfer fee of GBP£725:00 .now i am waiting for right answer . i want just to Know it is true ? Please answer me as soon as possible.

Kindly be informed that final approval has been obtained from The
    Microsoft Lottery Award Team for the immediate remittance of your
    award prize money valued to the tune of GBP£1,000,000 {One Million
    Pounds Only}. Having verified your claims, The Microsoft Lottery Award
    Board hereby certifies you as the rightful winner of the above
    mentioned promotion prize money.

Finally we have sent a Letter of Credit to Credit Suisse Bank London
    to enable them expedite in making the total payment of GBP£1,000,000
    {One Million Pounds Only} to you.

However, we will appreciate you contact the head Swift Telegraphic
    Transfer of the bank personally with the contact information below for
    more information on your payment Please addressed to:

The Manager of Foreign Credit Department
    Credit Suisse Bank London
    Dr. Brady W. Dougan
    Fax:               +44 844 774 8871
    Switch Board: +44 7039 4032 09
    Office Line: +44 702 4044 984
    Email: <

info@cresui.com       

Kindly advice the bank on the preferable payment options that you wish
    your fund to be remitted to you.

1] Name of fund beneficiary
    2] Address of fund beneficiary
    3] Name of bank
    4] Address of bank
    5] Account number
    6] Swift code No if any
    7] Private phone and fax number
    8] Amount Won: GBP£1,000, 000

OPTION TWO: CERTIFIED BANK CHEQUE- If you prefer to have your fund
    through BANK CERTIFIED CHEQUE, just indicate in your email to the Bank
    that you wish to have your fund via payment option two. And furnish
    the bank with your correct designated address as stated below:

1] Name of fund beneficiary
    2] Beneficiary Home address
    3] City
    4] Country
    5] Private phone and fax number
    6] Amount Won: GBP£1,000,000

Please, kindly give the Remittance Bank all the necessary support so
    as to enable them expedite action and serve you better.

On behalf of the board members and staff accept our deep and sincere
    congratulations.

Best Regards,
    Mrs. Linda Hart
    Tel: +44-7031746160

Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:00 PM
  •  what i can give advance Bank transfer Handling charge and Transfer Processing Fee for my award money?
    Friday, September 30, 2011 4:56 AM
  • There is no award money. This is not real. Do not give them any bank or personal information. They are trying to steal your money. please read the links provided above.

What is the Microsoft Lottery scam?

The Microsoft lottery scam is a fraud that usually starts with an email messages that claim the recipient has won "The Microsoft Lottery."

There is no Microsoft lottery and if you receive this kind of email it has been sent by cybercriminals in an attempt to steal money from you.

These email messages are designed to engage you in a dialogue with the goal of persuading you to send them money. Once you've sent the money, the perpetrator will often re-contact you with a different story to convince you to pay more money to access the cash prize.

In order to access the fictitious prize, the criminal might ask you to pay a sum of money in advance to cover costs such as tax fees, courier services, United Nations clearance checks, attorney fees, and many others. The criminal often seems believable, and their methods are very creative. They use well-known company brands and personalities such as Microsoft and Bill Gates to lend credibility and authenticity to their email messages.

These email messages are designed to engage you in a dialogue with the goal of persuading you to send them money. Once you've sent the money, the perpetrator will often re-contact you with a different story to convince you to pay more money to access the cash prize.

• Edited by george1009 Friday, September 30, 2011 12:45 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 12:44 PM
  • Dr. Brady W. Dougan Credit Suisse Bank No. 5 Cabot Square , Canary Wharf Tower Hamlets, E14 -London Office Line: +44 702 4044 984 Dr. Brady W. Dougan For the urgency needed in completion of your fund transfer, kindly proceed with the payment of the required bank transfer fee of GBP£725:00 (Seven Hundred and Twenty Five Pounds Only) in Bangladesh current equivalent of BDT 93,652.00 (Ninety Three Thousand, Six Hundred and Fifty Two Bangladeshi Taka Only) using the below Credit Suisse Non-Resident Agency Account with HSBC Bangladesh: BANK NAME: HSBC BANK SWIFT CODE: HSBCBDDH BANK ADDRESS: UTTARA BRANCH DHAKA-BANGLADESH ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0071 4258 1001 ACCOUNT NAME: MD ENAYET KABIR hear is their information they give me this account number thanks Microsoft for good advice me
    Friday, September 30, 2011 5:26 PM
  • "masum hasan mizan" wrote in message news:ba3e8166-9c2e-4213-ab32-5cb5488ffaee...
    Dr. Brady W. Dougan Credit Suisse Bank No. 5 Cabot Square , Canary Wharf Tower Hamlets, E14 -London Office Line: +44 702 4044 984 Dr. Brady W. Dougan For the urgency needed in completion of your fund transfer, kindly proceed with the payment of the required bank transfer fee of GBP£725:00 (Seven Hundred and Twenty Five Pounds Only) in Bangladesh current equivalent of BDT 93,652.00 (Ninety Three Thousand, Six Hundred and Fifty Two Bangladeshi Taka Only) using the below Credit Suisse Non-Resident Agency Account with HSBC Bangladesh: BANK NAME: HSBC BANK SWIFT CODE: HSBCBDDH BANK ADDRESS: UTTARA BRANCH DHAKA-BANGLADESH ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0071 4258 1001 ACCOUNT NAME: MD ENAYET KABIR hear is their information they give me this account number thanks Microsoft for good advice me

None of that changes anything – it’s still a scam.
    DO NOT reply to the message – it’ll simply put you on a spammers list as a confirmed address.
    DO NOT  give the sender any details – they’ll either use them for personality-theft or credit-card theft.

Do you really imagine that MS would deal with a bank in  Bangladesh for potential transfers in the UK?

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, September 30, 2011 5:32 PM
  • Thanks nole paton 

i do not understand why many many lottry agency  send me winning notification my email spam and ask me my personal information ? kindly said me please why.

Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:36 AM
  • "masum hasan mizan" wrote in message news:62b2ccda-2569-491a-bbc1-aa678e43ea80...

Thanks nole paton

i do not understand why many many lottry agency  send me winning notification my email spam and ask me my personal information ? kindly said me please why.

Q )  Why do you get spam emails in the first place?
    A ) 
    • Because you sent your email address to a site in response to a request from a spammer – who sent it on to another spammer,who sent it on.....
    • Because you published your email address on the internet, and it was harvested by a spammer, who.....
    • Because a contact of yours, or you yourself, got a malware infection, which harvested your email address and sent to a spammer, who....
    Q) What do I do about spam emails?
    A)  Delete them and forget them – do NOT respond, as all that does is confirm that the address is live and functional, – and it will command a higher price in the spammer market.

Q) Why do spammers want personal information?
    a) So that they can either steal your identity or your money – the more information they know about you the easier it is for them to commit fraud, or the higher the price for your data when they sell it to fraudsters.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 9:48 AM
  • Saturday, October 01, 2011 11:59 AM
  • thanks for your nice answer.

1= could you please tell me how possible receive the price. 

2=international award payment center send me a mail my home address and the mail is winning letter blue series 9 and they ask required a small advance  fee 15usd with return letter,please tell me what is it? 

there return address 

AWARD PROCESSING CENTER

14 ARMOUR ROAD/PO BOX 219790

KANSAS CITY, MO 64121-9790 USA.

Saturday, October 01, 2011 12:22 PM
  • Please delete the email message...it is 100% bogus.  You did not win anything!  Microsoft does not particpate in any lotteries!
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 12:29 PM