Windows Live OneCare download

Question

• I just updated Trend Micro PC-cillin and they require that I delete my Windows Live OneCare.
     If I do remove it, how do I get OneCare back? How do I down load it?
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• If your question is where to download One Care from you can download here - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/install/install.htm If you are a subscriber you can activate the trial by using the Live ID and password associated with your subscription. If you are seeing an error when attempting to download One Care please post the details of the issue including the exact text of any error message.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:12 PM
  • I just updated Trend Micro PC-cillin and they require that I delete my Windows Live OneCare.
    If I do remove it, how do I get OneCare back? How do I down load it?

When Antivirus Apps Collide:

http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2003/s1407/38s07/38s07.asp

Regards, Dave
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:33 PM
  • Dave, all I see in the OP is an empty box.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:38 PM
  • Strange, Jim.  I believe the OP is asking about having multiple AV applications installed concurrently.  I quoted his post in my response above, which I hope you can now see.  Both Firefox and IE display it here.
    Regards, Dave
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:24 PM
  • Thanks Dave, I'm on a different computer now and I can see the post contents. Strange. I didn't think much of it until I saw your post because I've replied to posts before where the post title was the post. ; ) 
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:19 PM
  • Hmm...  Interesting display bug.  The horizontal scroll bar I see is situated directly over the top of the single line of text rather than below it.  However, if I reply or in fact if I expand the IE Window to the full size of my wide screen monitor I can then see the text when the scroll bar disappears.

This may be an IE 8 issue, but I haven't tested it on another PC yet to confirm it.

OneCareBear
    Windows OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:27 AM
  • I can't see it on my notebook (15.4" widescreen). Only happens on this computer. If you select Edit the text appears. I don't think it is an IE8 issue because the post displays correctly on my other computers with IE8.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:33 AM
  • It's resolution based.  Must be tuned for something larger than 1024 x 768, since I think that's my default window size.  Anything I do that makes the line fit, like changing the zoom to 75%, causes the scroll bar to disappear.

OCB
    Windows OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:46 AM