none
Error when tracking email in Outlook: "The sender does not have an e-mail address in CRM" dialog box

Question

•  

We have one user that seems to have random issues when sending an email with the Track In CRM button selected. He frequently gets a dialog box with the message "The sender does not have an e-mail address in CRM......" If he selects No which cancels the send operation, and then sends again it works without issue and the email is captured in CRM.

I suspect this is some kind of connectivity error but I have not been able to successfully reproduce the problem. Has anyone else seen this error and if so have you found a resolution?

Thanks, Scott Colson

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:31 PM

Answers

• Scott

Do you know if the user's email address is resolved when the email is captured in CRM ?

I could imagine a couple of scenarios that could be the cause; either the user occasionally sends from different email addresses, or their email address is duplicated in CRM. If the issue is intermittent I'd suspect the former.

One partial-resolution is to add the AllowUnresolvedPartiesOnEmailSend registry value on the client machine and set it to 1. This should remove the error message

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:43 PM