none
objective of imagine cup

Question

• can anyone please enlighten me with the objective of Imagine cup....wat microsoft plans to do by putting Imagine cup as a major event....and at made UNESCO endorse it.....please justify....
    Monday, October 15, 2007 12:00 PM

All replies

•  

Imagine Cup is a way of competing with the programmers and coders from all around the world.It is a platform from where we learn much n we get lots of idea reg studies n new technologies...

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:53 AM
  • Hi..,

I 've participated Imagine cup last year.We cleared 2 nd round challenge.We were one among 200 teams in the world.It gave many technical exposure.It's a true platform where u can compete with the world
    Wednesday, October 17, 2007 11:42 AM

• to spread knowledge..to give chance for developers to compete across world..
    i love it..
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:10 AM
  • Ya objective acc to m is spreading knowlage and give chance to good programmers who can prove themselves by wning this competition.
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:18 PM
  • thanks...though still vague...i have got a basic idea...chetan
    Friday, October 19, 2007 5:27 AM
  • thanks...praveen
    Friday, October 19, 2007 5:29 AM
  • nice to hear from an old participant.....firstly..i would like to congratulate you on ur achievement....in which event did u participate ....dinesh....is the formation  of teams complulsary......
    Friday, October 19, 2007 5:38 AM
  • ok..abdul...does all the events demand for coding only.....like even those photography and film-making events too....this is my first time in IC....
    Friday, October 19, 2007 5:44 AM
  • To empower  ourselves, It gives spark to our unleashed energy...
    Friday, October 19, 2007 9:36 AM
  • Mine 2nd time last yr i took part in algo but can't complete as i wasn't having pc in my hostel Sad. This time i will try my best to in imaginecup.
    Friday, October 19, 2007 4:58 PM
  • Well really question Buddy but i think i do have one probable answer,

As IT sector is growing its market,  more and more people with Technical background are joining this Industry,

But imagine cup gives a chance not only to technical(background) people but also to non technical(background) people who have that technical edge in them, and burning desire to rock this industry, They dont need to have any specific knowledge about Prog lang, or any specific devlopment platform, Because they provide a platform thats coomon to all.

If you have seen HERBERT you can easily realise, almost anyone can program it without any prior knowledge, that is even if you havent studied C,C++ , Java or any language you can try your hands at programming, it boosts their confidence to join this industry.

Events such as Photgraphy and Short film it inspire those eople who are playing with the Tech gadgets but never been able to use it for non commercial purposes,  not only this it also attempts to bring out the Story teller in us.

Allthough i hav tried to answer you the best way i could you can still ask ......

A reply would be appreciated.

Saturday, October 20, 2007 8:03 AM
  •  

The objective lies in the THEME of Imagine Cup.

Source : Imagine Cup Website : http://imaginecup.com/About/WhatIs.aspx

The 2008 Theme: The Environment

Every day our planet is changing and there are signs of need that we must address. Polar bears are drowning. Glaciers are melting. Forests are being cut down.  At the same time, there are good signs: people and businesses are recycling more, and learning how to reduce their carbon footprints. Scientists are researching renewable energy such as wind and solar power, and cities are taking steps to improve air and water quality. Artists are informing and inspiring us about what's at stake if we fail to act. The world needs solutions, and the good news is that everyone can help.

This year, Microsoft is calling on young programmers, artists and technologists around the world to "imagine a world where technology enables a sustainable environment." We’re challenging students to bring their ideas to life in a multifaceted competition that comprises nine categories, each catering to a different technological or artistic affinity. Students’ work will reflect valuable, real world solutions, while giving them the opportunity to compete for cash prizes. When coupled with the power of technology the potential of young people is unlimited and the ideas they develop for the Imagine Cup could significantly improve the lives of millions of people around the world. In this competition, everyone wins. Each of us has a unique skill to contribute. Together we can make a difference and have fun during the journey. Welcome to Imagine Cup 2008.

The 2008 World Finals will be held in Paris France from July 3-8, 2008.

Saturday, October 20, 2007 7:16 PM