Customer Service Phone Number????

Question

• Does anyone know how to contact an actual person from the onecare customer service? And not an email an actual person to talk to on the phone. I guess all I want is a phone number to call so I can get some issues straightned out.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:55 AM

Answers

• The path to support is explained here - 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

If it can validate your subscription, you'll get the subscriber support options for phone and chat, if available for your region.

Yes, I hate the support flow, since it often can't validate the subscription if OneCare isn't running on your PC. If you start and email support case, it can be escalated to phone support if you provide your subscriber information in the support case filed.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:59 AM

All replies

• The path to support is explained here - 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

If it can validate your subscription, you'll get the subscriber support options for phone and chat, if available for your region.

Yes, I hate the support flow, since it often can't validate the subscription if OneCare isn't running on your PC. If you start and email support case, it can be escalated to phone support if you provide your subscriber information in the support case filed.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:59 AM
  • hey there,

I would like to know how to contact windows one care department

Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:37 PM
  • Read the post above yours.

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:23 PM
  • Getting phone help is impossible......I've been trying for days.  I just want to renew the virus protection for the one care.  The link they have me following to do this refuses to do it at this time for some reason.  As of now I give up........and am going down & get me a new copy of Norton system works.   Way to go Microsft..chase us customers away to your competitors........all I wanted was to give you guys some more money........but I guess microsoft has enough to not worry about that huh?

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 5:55 PM
  • Quote;

"

The path to support is explained here - 

Yes, I hate the support flow, since it often can't validate the subscription if OneCare isn't running on your PC. If you start and email support case, it can be escalated to phone support if you provide your subscriber information in the support case filed."

=====================================================================================

PATH????   Why should Microsoft make us take a "path".........why cant we just have a number to call for help?   I'm giving up, & going out to buy Norton System Works.............because when its time to renew the virus protection at least THEY will allow you to do so.........at least Norton will actually allow me to give them money to extend protection.   There is no need to jump through hoops with Norton because they allow us to renew.   Microsoft just tells me they cannot do this at this time...........at the same time my one care icon has gone orange & is warning me to renew...........I only have a couple days left..........so Norton here I come.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:04 PM
  •  jeff1961 wrote:

PATH????   Why should Microsoft make us take a "path".........why cant we just have a number to call for help?   I'm giving up, & going out to buy Norton System Works.............because when its time to renew the virus protection at least THEY will allow you to do so.........at least Norton will actually allow me to give them money to extend protection.   There is no need to jump through hoops with Norton because they allow us to renew.   Microsoft just tells me they cannot do this at this time...........at the same time my one care icon has gone orange & is warning me to renew...........I only have a couple days left..........so Norton here I come.

I dislike the hoops one sometimes needs to jump through to get to support, but it is designed to limit phone and chat support to paid subscribers. You use the Help link in OneCare, it validates your subscription when you select to "get more help" and you are presented with your options. It doesn't always work that way, hence your frustration.

Check the email address you used in your profile. You should have a message from me.

To renew if the process from within OneCare fails to work, sign in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com

-steve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:20 AM
  • hey i am having some trouble about to burn music from window's media player and it says interface not registered so can you nhelp me so email me back asap at mccannon_16@msn.com

Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:31 PM
  •  Shane Boots wrote:

hey i am having some trouble about to burn music from window's media player and it says interface not registered so can you nhelp me so email me back asap at mccannon_16@msn.com

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/Default.aspx

-steve

Monday, February 25, 2008 2:24 AM
  •  

This is ridiculas. My card failed once, now i cant access anything. This is so lame Im going to Apple.
    Sunday, March 02, 2008 3:19 AM
  •  Wes skaar 12 wrote:

This is ridiculas. My card failed once, now i cant access anything. This is so lame Im going to Apple.

Card? I'm not sure what you are referring to.

-steve

Saturday, March 08, 2008 2:42 AM
  • You would think with a product with "Care" in the title that it would be easier to speak with someone once you've exhaused all the options in the "Help" menu.  I've been trying for four days just to renew my subscription to Live One Care so my antivirus doesn't run out.  Because it was set up when I purchased the computer I have no idea what the password or security answer might be.  It's a little ridiculous to send password reset info to an account you can't access.  I guess the next best option is to install a different antivirus software (one that has a tech SUPPORT line that actually works instead of one that just claims to have 24/7 service).

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 4:19 PM
  •  dsmith37160 wrote:
    You would think with a product with "Care" in the title that it would be easier to speak with someone once you've exhaused all the options in the "Help" menu.  I've been trying for four days just to renew my subscription to Live One Care so my antivirus doesn't run out.  Because it was set up when I purchased the computer I have no idea what the password or security answer might be.  It's a little ridiculous to send password reset info to an account you can't access.  I guess the next best option is to install a different antivirus software (one that has a tech SUPPORT line that actually works instead of one that just claims to have 24/7 service).

Of course, you're not in a good position if the problem is a password issue for your LiveID. Contacting support per the FAQ would be the way to go - if it doesn't validate your subscription, you can use email - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If you continue to have problems, email me - sboots@mvps.org - Subject = OneCare, This link, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2986554&SiteID=2, in the message body along with your forum name and what country you are in and I'll hook you up with support.

Alternatively, if the subscription was set up with a retail key, let it expire, uninstall it and install and activate with a new LiveID and retail key or credit card.

-steve

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:20 PM
  • ok finally figured out how to even post on this.. I NEED HELP AND FAST. when i sign on to hotmail it takes me to the windows live page and I click there to get in my hotmail box. usually always is me then under me where i can click to get in is my husbands now 2 days now Hubby is no longer under me and there is a new person that I do not know under me.. I can click on her to get in her hotmail so i know if she wanted to she can get into mine THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG i have important information in my email. her name is Linuxgod411@hotmail.com why is she on my "click a windows live id to sign on????????????? or better yet to protect myself how do i get rid of hotmail all together? and hubby is no longer on my page he dissapeared totatlly who do I report this too and how do I get this person off my page?????????????????

Saturday, March 29, 2008 7:00 PM
  •  froggyjoe wrote:

ok finally figured out how to even post on this.. I NEED HELP AND FAST. when i sign on to hotmail it takes me to the windows live page and I click there to get in my hotmail box. usually always is me then under me where i can click to get in is my husbands now 2 days now Hubby is no longer under me and there is a new person that I do not know under me.. I can click on her to get in her hotmail so i know if she wanted to she can get into mine THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG i have important information in my email. her name is Linuxgod411@hotmail.com why is she on my "click a windows live id to sign on????????????? or better yet to protect myself how do i get rid of hotmail all together? and hubby is no longer on my page he dissapeared totatlly who do I report this too and how do I get this person off my page?????????????????

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare.

Hotmail and Live Account support can be reached through http://support.live.com

-steve

Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:53 PM
  • Is there a customer service phone number where you could talk to a live person or not!

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:00 PM
  • ok ty for putting me in the right direction.. I had to go somewhere to get help Smile ty

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:04 PM
  •  Forrest A wrote:

Is there a customer service phone number where you could talk to a live person or not!

Yes there is. If you read the FAQ on how to reach support, it explains that a subscriber can view their support options after validating the subscription.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Since you can't always validate the subscription, the alternative is email support, which is available to trial users and subscribers.

A subscriber will have access to chat and phone support - the link and hours for chat and the phone number and hours for telephone support will vary by country and will be presented when you validate the subscription.

-steve

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:39 PM
  • I paid my subscription on American Express card.But i am getting messages for renewal.Why.

Monday, June 02, 2008 2:29 AM
  •  KARAM DUGGAL wrote:

I paid my subscription on American Express card.But i am getting messages for renewal.Why.

If your subscription to OneCare shows incorrectly in OneCare

• Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About…
    • Open OneCare and click "Check for Updates" to have OneCare check for updated credentials

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, June 02, 2008 1:00 PM
  • Hi i need to know why my windows media player not opening.  I tried to play music using windows media player but,it wont open.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 6:10 PM
  •  

but I still couldn't reach them because I didn't call them during their "business hours"

the automated machine doesn't even tell you the hours and hangs up on you..................

Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:24 PM
  •  MJ1991 wrote:

but I still couldn't reach them because I didn't call them during their "business hours"

the automated machine doesn't even tell you the hours and hangs up on you..................

The OneCare support phone number is available only to subscribers after validation.

Hours for phone support varies by region. In the US:

Hours of operation:

• Monday - Friday 0500-2200 PST
    • Saturday - Sunday 0500-1700 PST

-steve

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:01 AM
  •  sketia wrote:

Hi i need to know why my windows media player not opening.  I tried to play music using windows media player but,it wont open.

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

-steve

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:02 AM
  • How do I get an actual phone number for a LIVE person for Windows Live login issues? I have exhausted all help glossary options. It is now critical that I get help, even if I have to pay.

Thank you.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:56 AM
  •  AtALossInCali wrote:

How do I get an actual phone number for a LIVE person for Windows Live login issues? I have exhausted all help glossary options. It is now critical that I get help, even if I have to pay.

Thank you.

If you are referring to Windows Live OneCare:

If you are referring to Windows Live Hotmail:

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmail&ct=eformts

If you are referring to general LiveID issues:

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformts

-steve

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:02 PM
  • Why can't you just give out a number? I purchased Office online and it's not working. I want a refund. I just went to Wal-Mart and bought it there for $50 cheaper. Can you give out a customer service number????

Friday, August 22, 2008 5:19 PM
  • Samantha, this forum is for Windows Live OneCare, not Office. Where did you purchase Office online?

-steve

Friday, August 22, 2008 5:30 PM
  • msoffice.us@trymicrosoftoffice.com

Thats the email address that sent me my receipt of my purchase. I purchased it early July. I was suppose to download automatically and I got a back up in the mail and tried backing it up and nothing happened. I just want my money back because I found it cheaper at WalMart and it actually works.

Do you know where I could get the number or do you know the number??

Thanks.

Samantha

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:30 PM
  • On this page, https://buy.trymicrosoftoffice.com/buyemea2/default.aspx, I found a contact us email address: mailto:msoffice.usd.en@trymicrosoftoffice.com

I also found this form for contacting customer service: http://buy.trymicrosoftoffice.com/buyemea2/contactus.aspx?culture=en-US

And, some entries from the FAQ for this service: http://buy1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/buyus/faq.aspx?culture=en-US

What is your refund policy?

Microsoft products purchased via the Office Online web store are eligible for return within 30 days of the purchase date. Applicable tax paid will be refunded on eligible returns.

Exceptions to this return policy include:Microsoft Backup CD/DVDs are not refundable and are not included in our 30-day guarantee. License Lock BoxTM and Microsoft Backup CD/DVDs that are purchased as a special bundled offer are not eligible for refund.

How do I request a refund?

To obtain a refund for digital product(s) please click here to access your purchase history information. Select the order details link of the order for which you want to request a refund. Use the "Return Item" option and complete the required details to submit your request.

-steve

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:03 PM
  • Please help me!!! I've been dealing with this for 3 weeks now and I am sooooo very frustrated!  I just want to speak to a live person to get this done.  My Live OneCare expired yesterday!  I'm trying to renew but I can't remember our password or the answer to our secret question so I can't sign in our account.  I have tried Customer Service via email and all they do is send me the reset password info which is useless.  I've spent 2 hours on this forum looking for answers and I can't find anything that I can follow that helps me.  Please, please, please help me.  Answer the following questions:

1.  Is there a price difference to renew versus purchasing a new Live Once Care product?

2.  Is there a benefit to renew versus just purchasing a new product?

3.  How do I reset my password without logging into my account and WITHOUT knowing the answer to the secret question?

Please help me!
    Tuesday, September 09, 2008 3:01 PM
  •  Jen from WI wrote:

Please help me!!! I've been dealing with this for 3 weeks now and I am sooooo very frustrated!  I just want to speak to a live person to get this done.  My Live OneCare expired yesterday!  I'm trying to renew but I can't remember our password or the answer to our secret question so I can't sign in our account.  I have tried Customer Service via email and all they do is send me the reset password info which is useless.  I've spent 2 hours on this forum looking for answers and I can't find anything that I can follow that helps me.  Please, please, please help me.  Answer the following questions:

1.  Is there a price difference to renew versus purchasing a new Live Once Care product?

2.  Is there a benefit to renew versus just purchasing a new product?

3.  How do I reset my password without logging into my account and WITHOUT knowing the answer to the secret question?

Please help me!

Hi, Jen.

If the email address you used to activate with originally is disposable in that you don't care if you ever access that LiveID again, it may be simpler to reinstall OneCare and create a new LiveID and password, subscribing with a retail PIN/Key or using a credit card to purchase a new subscription.

You can reinstall OneCare and get 15 days of trial usage before needing to activate. A retail copy can often be purchased for much less than the retail price which is what a renewal will cost. Reinstalling will require you to reconfigure OneCare - firewall exceptions, backup plans, etc. will be gone. You will also be starting a new full backup as the old backups cannot be added to, but can be restored from.

Assuming that you can access your account (which you can't right now without the password), you can renew with a retail key, too.

Without knowing the secret question or having configured an alternate email address for password reset requests at http://account.live.com, the only way to get it reset is via support and providing proof that the LiveID is yours. You'd need to let customer service know that you cannot access your account. If you wish to call support, unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3854316&SiteID=2.

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 5:13 PM
  • Hello i am tring to get someone live or a customer service number,i purchased the office home and student 2007 on 10/21 and my laptop is asking  for the disk could you please send me the disk so i can down load it i have paid for it already and it was 164.94.please get back to me because i need this for school thank you
    Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:31 AM
  •  

terri43,

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare.

You can view your support options for Office 2007 here:

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/8753#tab3

And this may help you:

How to replace a damaged CD or DVD

If your CD or DVD is damaged, you may have the option to replace your CD or DVD.

If you bought the program in the last 30 days, you may be able to replace the CD or the DVD at the store where you bought it. Contact the store where you bought the CD or the DVD to find out whether the store has a replacement policy.

Or, you may have the option to contact Microsoft to obtain a replacement CD or DVD.

Customers in the United States can contact the Microsoft Order Desk Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM Pacific Time at the following telephone number:
    (800) 360-7561
    Customers in Canada can contact the Canadian Order Desk Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM Pacific Time at the following number:
    (800) 933-4750
    If you are outside the United States and Canada, contact the Microsoft subsidiary for your area. To locate your subsidiary, visit the following Microsoft World Wide Offices Web page:

-steve
    Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:44 PM
  • I have tried to un-install it (it won't let me) .... I have tried to re-install it (it won't let me).  Windows Live OneCare "has stopped working" and I can't even open it up to find a phone number.  I have filled out the online request for support and still have not been contacted.  This is the biggest piece of junk software that I have ever seen.  No wonder they refuse to make a toll-free number available.  AARRRGGGH !!!!

Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:29 PM
  • "It won't let me" doesn't provide much information to go on, but try the following:

Check your PC date and time before doing anything else. Year/month/day/hour/minutes and time zone. Correct it and reboot if it is wrong. That could cause OneCare to report that it isn't working.

If you get the stopped working error when trying to *open* OneCare, but other than that it appears to be working - icon in system tray, no warnings until you try to open it, you have a damaged .Net Framework installation.

To repair .Net Framework 2.0 on XP:

Open Control Panel

Select Add or Remove Programs

Locate Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0

Select the entry and when the installer launches, select Repair.

Reboot when it completes.

Alternatively, see this KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306160

To remove a corrupt .Net Framework install, use this tool:

http://astebner.sts.winisp.net/Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip

The download of .Net Framework 2.0 can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

To repair .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.0 on Vista, see this blog entry:

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx

If you choose to uninstall/reinstall, use the cleanup tool - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2

Note that email support typically takes 24 hours for a response and make sure to check your junk mail folders.

-steve

Thursday, November 06, 2008 7:10 PM
  •   well if it helps the number is [deleted] when u subscribe u get an email which tells u what to do if in any case u need so and so...u follow the instructions and then at the end they end up giving u their number which is [deleted], good luck and hope it helps since it's been over a year since ur posting

k-

• Edited by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Monday, May 11, 2009 12:31 PM number for support cannot be posted - it is only valid for subscribers after validation
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 3:30 AM
  •   well if it helps the number is [deleted] when u subscribe u get an email which tells u what to do if in any case u need so and so...u follow the instructions and then at the end they end up giving u their number which is [deleted], good luck and hope it helps since it's been over a year since ur posting

k-

How to reach support (FAQ) -
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90 

I know you were trying to be helpful, but as my edit notes, the phone number is only valid for subscribers who need to validate through the process outlined in the FAQ.

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, May 11, 2009 12:31 PM
  • here is the best way to get your comp fixed.  After dealing with all this microsoft BS, I quickly went out and bought a macbook.  They have an ACTUAL phone number posted on their site for ANY required help.

All the virus you get no matter what Virus protection, the fact they will delete any number you post on here to help you all, and the fact it is impossible to get any customer support, MAC is the way to go.

APPLE and Mac are 100% the best course of action.  This is coming from a PC user since I learned to type, 1month into my mac and I LOVE IT!  If you use it for business you will have to get Microsoft office for MAC as the rest of the country still uses pc.

Thursday, October 08, 2009 3:00 PM
  • The number is deleted simply because support for paid OneCare users requires authentication. I fought to have a page with support options provided after a sign-in, but that never came to pass. The path to support for subscribers is clearly explained in the FAQ that we link to whenever anyone needs to reach support and in the event that a OneCare subscriber finds themselves in the catch 22 of not being able to validate their subscription, we offer the alternative path to email us and we'll provide the phone number.

Microsoft does post a number for virus and spyware help - free support.

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

If a paid OneCare user calls that number, they are typically going to be transferred to OneCare support or provided with the number.

Microsoft has lots of avenues to support, too, at support.microsoft.com, though I do agree that it could be easier to reach support in many cases. However, making it too easy to speak to a support agent does mean that it will cost more money and that cost needs to be covered by raising the prices for the offered products.

That said, enjoy your Mac. They are great computers. I have nothing against them or Apple.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 3:44 PM
  • i fee you on that.... And I have a master headach now looking for it..........
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:36 AM
  • youve got an answer for everything steve.   My hotmail account got hacked  how can I get it back
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 11:14 PM
  • youve got an answer for everything steve.   My hotmail account got hacked  how can I get it back
    Not everything.

Help and Support for Windows Live Hotmail can be found at http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=1

If you cannot reset the password through the usual means, see this page for information on how to get help with it:

https://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=bf5d34bf-db28-44ca-ac9a-93838d81b2d6 There is a form to use that Support will act on, but it can take more than a day for them to deal with it. Be sure to enter both the account you cannot access and another account where they can reach you. Once you regain access to the account be sure to set an alternate email address and secret questions and answers for account security at http://account.live.com

You may also want to review this post:

https://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=6ea0c7b3-1473-4176-b03f-145b951dcb41

And also this blog entry from the Windows Live team:

http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!42740.entry

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 11:25 PM
  • PHONE NUMBER!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no phone number for Windows Live Hotmail support.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, December 13, 2010 5:43 PM
  • Hi, I keep trying to setup my Media Center on my Xbox, but the Media Center on my computer keeps telling me there was an error, but does not explain what the error was, just keeps getting me to retry. How do I figure out what the error was? I setup all my firewalls to how the online instructions said to, but I'm at a loss.
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 4:22 AM
  • Hi, I keep trying to setup my Media Center on my Xbox, but the Media Center on my computer keeps telling me there was an error, but does not explain what the error was, just keeps getting me to retry. How do I figure out what the error was? I setup all my firewalls to how the online instructions said to, but I'm at a loss.

How on earth did you end up here? No need to answer. 

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare

*all* your firewalls would be a problem. You should never have more than one.

In any event - http://support.xbox.com would be where you want to be.

-steve

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:36 PM
  • You need to call CS 866-672-4551 for hotmail account support. I tried to cancel charges and couldn't figure it out either. Finally I called the Chase Credit Card Fraud Department and - lo and behold - they had a telephone number for hotmail! How about that! 

It seems that when people finally get fed up enough to report their hotmail charges as fraud there is finally a lovely woman with a rather heavy Indian accent on the other line.

PS - I was billed 1/13 and called 3/2 and MS insisted on billing me for the entire year. I was so happy to have the account canceled that I did not argue about this point. Next stop - free gmail. Goodbye Microsoft!

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 10:27 PM
  • You need to call CS 866-672-4551 for hotmail account support. I tried to cancel charges and couldn't figure it out either. Finally I called the Chase Credit Card Fraud Department and - lo and behold - they had a telephone number for hotmail! How about that! 

It seems that when people finally get fed up enough to report their hotmail charges as fraud there is finally a lovely woman with a rather heavy Indian accent on the other line.

PS - I was billed 1/13 and called 3/2 and MS insisted on billing me for the entire year. I was so happy to have the account canceled that I did not argue about this point. Next stop - free gmail. Goodbye Microsoft!

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare

Note that the number above is Microsoft *Billing* Support and not Hotmail support. There is no Hotmail phone support.

Furthermore, in order to be charged for Hotmail, you have had to sign up for a paid account which increases storage and sending limits and removes display ads from various sites, including the Hotmail web interface.

Hotmail is otherwise a free service unless you choose to pay for a subscription.

-steve

Monday, March 07, 2011 12:45 PM