none
Problem with SDK Sample WebAppWalkthrough and CRM Online - Connectionproblem

Question

• Hello I want to try the SDK Sample WebAppWalkThrough (sdk\walkthroughs\portal\webappwalkthrough) with my CRM 2011 online

I changed the settings in the web.config for my online account:

<connectionStrings>

<add name="Xrm" connectionString="Authentication Type=Passport; Server= https://xxxxx.crm4.dynamics.com; User ID= xxx; Password=xxxx"/>

I can compile the solution with warnings and infos:

c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3247: Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly.

Could not find schema information for the element 'microsoft.xrm.client'

I launch the Application in Visual Studio 2010 and get the following error, when I try to connect to CRM 2011:

The connection's device credentials must be specified

I have specified the connection credentials int the web.config (not in web.config.debug or .release). Whats wrong with my settings?

Thanks for your help.

Friday, July 15, 2011 8:19 AM

Answers

• When connecting to CRM Online, your connection must specify a DeviceId and DevicePassword.  From the SDK:

Device ID or Device User Name

The user-defined Windows Live Services Device ID. It can be any non-empty string. This device ID will be registered with the device password the first time an authentication is run. If the device ID and password do not match the values that have been previously registered then the authentication will fail.

Device Password

The user-defined Windows Live Services Device Password. It must be at least six characters in length. This device password will be registered with the device ID the first time an authentication is run. If the device ID and password do not match the values that have been previously registered then the authentication will fail.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by Gerald St-P Friday, July 15, 2011 1:51 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 11:56 AM

All replies

• When connecting to CRM Online, your connection must specify a DeviceId and DevicePassword.  From the SDK:

Device ID or Device User Name

The user-defined Windows Live Services Device ID. It can be any non-empty string. This device ID will be registered with the device password the first time an authentication is run. If the device ID and password do not match the values that have been previously registered then the authentication will fail.

Device Password

The user-defined Windows Live Services Device Password. It must be at least six characters in length. This device password will be registered with the device ID the first time an authentication is run. If the device ID and password do not match the values that have been previously registered then the authentication will fail.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by Gerald St-P Friday, July 15, 2011 1:51 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 11:56 AM
  • Thank you for this information!

That solves the problem! I'v generated the ID and password and now it works

Friday, July 15, 2011 1:51 PM
  • Hi Gerald!

Please Help Me... I Don't Know How Generate the ID and Password...

Thanks!

Friday, November 25, 2011 4:00 PM
  • A little late but..

Device credentials must be specified in the string of your config file. For example:

<add name="Xrm" connectionString="Authentication Type=Passport; Server= https://xxxxx.crm4.dynamics.com;DeviceID=enterprise-ba9f6b7b2e6d; DevicePassword=passcode; User ID= xxx; Password=xxxx"/>

JM

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:00 PM