none
windows server 2012 first login

Question

• when I boot windows server 2012 in the first use,I see Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to sign in,when I do I see "the user's password must be changed before signing in".I click OK,I enter new password and confirm it,I see "unable to update the password.the value provided for the new password does not meet the length,complexity,or history requirements of the domain".I don't know what can I do,Please help me.

thanks

Friday, December 07, 2012 7:25 PM

All replies

• Did you try another password? Generally speaking the default is a complexity of 3 different values. For example it needs to have an uppercase, lowercase and a number. I haven't touched much of 2012 but in 2008 the default setting is your password has to be 6 characters in length and have at least three of the following

Upper Case

Lower Case

Number

Special Character

Friday, December 07, 2012 8:13 PM
  • Thanks for posting on the MSDN forums.

This is a Microsoft Training and Certification forum and unfortunately it does not deal with issues raised in your question.  Given this, your question will be moved to the Off-topic forum.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Friday, December 07, 2012 9:27 PM