microsoft feeds synchronization

General discussion

•  microsoft feeds synchronization

i am getting this error

msfeedssync.exe - Application Error
    ---------------------------
    The instruction at "0x77d4bbcd" referenced memory at "0x00000048". The memory could not be "read".
    Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program
    OK   Cancel  

Microsoft Feeds Synchronization has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

this is coming every 10 to 60 seconds, what should I do ?

actually earlier I had IE7/8, now I have installed IE 6 and I am getting this error.
    Friday, February 06, 2009 8:56 PM

All replies

• Friday, February 06, 2009 10:36 PM
  • It's your feed subscription service. Just sign up for a different one. McAfee was probably handling it for no good reason and left it with no default when you removed it.

Or, use Firefox, as it handles feeds on its own.
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 3:26 PM
  • Please help me
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:49 PM
  • Please help me

If you are seeking help on the issue originall reported above, see the link Jim posted originally for where to seek help with this.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 6:05 PM
  • I have this problem with "Ox77d4bbcd"....., but being new to this environment and also not being computer literate I fail to find the sulution to the problem
    Monday, November 02, 2009 1:53 AM
  • I have this problem with "Ox77d4bbcd"....., but being new to this environment and also not being computer literate I fail to find the sulution to the problem

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare.

Your question may be better posed to one of the forums here.

Vista:
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsvista

XP: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp

Windows 7: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

Help for Internet Explorer is available from here:

Internet Explorer Solution Center

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 1:04 PM
  •  microsoft feeds synchronization

i am getting this error

msfeedssync.exe - Application Error
    The instruction at "0x77d4bbcd" referenced memory at "0x00000048". The memory could not be "read".
    Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program
    OK   Cancel  

Microsoft Feeds Synchronization has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

this is coming every 10 to 60 seconds, what should I do ?

actually earlier I had IE7/8, now I have installed IE 6 and I am getting this error.

Friday, November 13, 2009 3:37 PM
  • microsoft feeds synchronization has encountered a problem

<script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-4942617293655291"; /* 200x200, created 7/2/08 */ google_ad_slot = "4766960389"; google_ad_width = 200; google_ad_height = 200; //--> </script> <script src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type="text/javascript"> </script> <ins style="display: inline-table; border: medium none; height: 200px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 200px;"><ins style="display: block; border: medium none; height: 200px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 200px;">By
    joseph sugandha Rao

Enjoy .

All the Best</ins> </ins>

After doing an XP repair install, I started getting this error:

microsoft feeds synchronization has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I eventually found the cause:

rss IE 7 / IE8 had an RSS feed setup… poor old IE6 (after the “downgrade”), probably didn’t know how to handle feeds.

I found that the problem tends to go away after re-upgrading to IE8 again… but sometimes this doesn’t work.

In those cases, this is what you do:

Start IE8, go to tools -> Internet Options -> Content -> Feeds -> Settings -> untick all the boxes

If you want to start using feeds again, just remember to re-tick the boxes again.

Friday, January 29, 2010 9:27 AM