none
2001: There are duplicate files in AppManifest.xml. Remove one of the files and then try again.

Question

• How to solve this error...?

2001: There are duplicate files in AppManifest.xml. Remove one of the files and then try again.

i am getting this while uploading my XAP to store for certification.

Thursday, September 05, 2013 4:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

I am afraid that it is not a correct forum for your issue since Test Tools in Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 forum mainly discusses Visual Studio testing issue.

I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Maybe you can try to consult your issue on Submitting and Publishing Apps forum like this thread with the similar issue: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f0b590db-afbe-4101-bb0f-1690b4c43cfe/duplicate-file-detected-in-appmanifestxml-microsoftadvertisingmobile

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 06, 2013 3:17 AM
  • Hi Abhishek

have a look in your Bin/Release/ folder for the AppManifest.XAML and remove any duplicate entries.

Also check that there isn't a duplicate reference in your .Proj file by looking at it in a text editor.

Do not Forget to Vote as Answer/Helpful, please. It encourages us to help you.

Friday, September 06, 2013 3:23 AM
  • I'd ask in one of the Windows Store apps forums.

If you pick one, I can move the question.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Friday, September 06, 2013 2:05 PM