Answers

• thank you so much again Vegan,

Stephen Holm, MS
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, October 09, 2008 11:08 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Vegan FanaticMVP Friday, October 10, 2008 2:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, October 10, 2008 5:00 PM
    Thursday, October 09, 2008 11:07 PM
  • If Vista was less of a nuisance I am sure it would not be so hated. I have Vista in a Virtual PC 2007 machine and when the nexter version of Virtual PC comes out or the add-ons for it, I am now expecting that Vista will stop functioning.

I have found that there is a limited number of life time activations for Vista. With XP a broken setup due to a failed motherboard can be restored files and all by running the setup from the CD.

With Vista you hve to wipe out the disk. I have heard of so many horror stories about lost data due to activation problems. In my shop I have had to resort to some arcane tricks to save customer files. Not what I wanted to see. It costs clients a lot of money.

I estimate the total cost of ownership of Vista to be 10x more than XP or more. And Balmer admits its an incomplete product.

So many people with OEM versions of Vista have lost everything its not funny.

Developer / IT / Web http://contract-developer.dyndns.biz
    Friday, October 10, 2008 2:54 AM

All replies

• thank you so much again Vegan,

Stephen Holm, MS
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, October 09, 2008 11:08 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Vegan FanaticMVP Friday, October 10, 2008 2:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, October 10, 2008 5:00 PM
    Thursday, October 09, 2008 11:07 PM
  • If Vista was less of a nuisance I am sure it would not be so hated. I have Vista in a Virtual PC 2007 machine and when the nexter version of Virtual PC comes out or the add-ons for it, I am now expecting that Vista will stop functioning.

I have found that there is a limited number of life time activations for Vista. With XP a broken setup due to a failed motherboard can be restored files and all by running the setup from the CD.

With Vista you hve to wipe out the disk. I have heard of so many horror stories about lost data due to activation problems. In my shop I have had to resort to some arcane tricks to save customer files. Not what I wanted to see. It costs clients a lot of money.

I estimate the total cost of ownership of Vista to be 10x more than XP or more. And Balmer admits its an incomplete product.

So many people with OEM versions of Vista have lost everything its not funny.

Developer / IT / Web http://contract-developer.dyndns.biz
    Friday, October 10, 2008 2:54 AM