none
Microsoft.net Framework 2.0 SP2

Question

• When I change the view settings of the My Computer, the view settings for the CONFIG folder of the Microsoft.net Framework v2.0 also changes to that same view settings.  How can I stop that from happening? 
    • Moved by Andrew.Wu Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:48 AM off topic (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Monday, December 27, 2010 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Nathalie Montreuil,

Welcome  to MSDN Forum.

It's very difficult to provide you with any solution with this limited info. Would you please provide some more information about what problem you are having now?

Some clarification with you.

·         What version is your OS?

·         You said you are about to change the view settings, is this means you want change your folder view settings?

If so, please refer to this article: How to modify your folder view settings or to customize a folder

If not, cloud you please describe this in details?

Please also follow the instructions here so that we can get more information about your problem: What to do when you go to post a setup and deployment issue on the MSDN forums?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:22 AM

When I change the folder view settings of the My Computer, the CONFIG folder of the .net framework 2.0 folder view settings also changes to that folder view settings.  How can I stop that from happening?

Nathalie Montreuil
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:58 PM
  • Dear Nathalie Montreuil,

Thank you for posting back.

According to your description of the problem, the issue you are experiencing is:

·         You change the folder view settings(by right-click a folder -> Properties -> Customize | Start menu -> Control Panel -> Folder Options)

·         The folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG also changed its view settings

·         You want to  keep the view settings of folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG and change others view settings

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Based on your description, I suggest you to read below articles that talking about customize folder view settings:

·         How to modify your folder view settings or to customize a folder: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812003

·         Changes to the size, view, icon or position of a folder are lost: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813711/

Since this forum is  .NET Framework Setup Forum, and your problem is more related with Windows settings, you are more likely to get more efficient responses to Windows setting up issues at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpdesktop/threads where you can contact more experts.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:35 AM
  • I want to keep the CONFIG folder view settings in View by tiles and AutoArrange by Name.  When I change the My Computer Folder View Settings, the CONFIG folder view settings also change to the MY Computer folder view settings.  How can I stop that from happening?
    Nathalie Montreuil
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:44 PM

So the problem you have is the folder view settings in Computer or Windows Explorer.  Have you changed the folder view by right-click on computer like below?

Does this view setting changes interrupt the development with .NET Framework 2.0? Is there any problem with .NET Framework 2.0, can it  work smoothly?

If the .NET Framework 2.0 works fine, I think there should be no problem with the .NET Framework.

Since your problem is more related with Windows configuration, you could consider posting it in http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpdesktop/threads for more efficient responses.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

Friday, December 31, 2010 11:56 AM
  • Yes, I right click to change the My Computer Folder View Settings.  The .NET works fine, but the Folder View Settings keeps changing to the My Computer folder view settings everytime I change the My Computer folder view settings.
    Nathalie Montreuil
    Friday, December 31, 2010 3:47 PM

According to your description, I think this issue is a Windows configuration problem. You could consider posting it in Desktop and Personalization Forum, there are more experts to help you solve the problem.

Since this forum is .NET Framework Setup forum, which mainly discuss about .NET Framework Setup related questions, I’ll move your thread to Off-Topic forum.

Thanks for your unstanding and support.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:46 AM