none
Creating different views for different teams

Question

• I am looking to create different views for users depending on what team they are a part of. For example, I would like the business development team to be able to view their upcoming Opportunities, and I would like the Investment Team to view theirs, only each team would see different fields which would be specific to them in the Opportunity form. How do I go about setting this up?

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:38 PM

All replies

• You can create personal views, and then share it with the appropriate teams.

The only problem with this is if you use a development environment then you won't be able to export the personal view in a solution.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:20 PM
  • Thanks Paul. What about the actual Opportunity form though? Can one team see a different form with different fields than another team?
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:31 PM
  • Yep, you can use Role based security to show a different form depending on what role the user (or user's team) has.

Since you would want it to be team based rather than role based you can create 2 new security roles that are only assigned to each of the teams (don't need to give any permissions). Then assign the appropriate role to the designated form.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:08 AM