none
Help with Windows Live Mail

Question

• Sorry for posting here but no forum for WLM.

My problen is I had to format my laptop, before hand WLM Client wored great, after reinstall of WL 2011 now when I run WLM Client I get following message:

unable to send or receive messages for the xxx account.

Server Error: 0x80048849
         Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
         Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849

This happens most of the time but every now and then I get on and all works. I have read many web posts but all not resolving problem.

Can someone help me with soluation please.

Nick.

• Edited by Nick.P._ Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:51 AM
    Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:50 AM

Answers

• I have done steps A to G and also note this was my original setup and is currently my setup, still no good tho.

If I do step H this wil remove all my addons etc... I would need to add them all back, bit of a hassel. Is there a way to aviod that bit?

What about running IE9 without addons and set it up as steps A to G is that worth trying?

Nick.

• Marked as answer by Nick.P._ Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:54 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:11 AM
  • Fyi..

Windows Live Mail forum (ask questions, read replies, solutions) can be found here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail

...winston
    MSFT MVP Live Mail

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Hassan,

• Thanks for your assistance it's very much appreciated.
    • I had tried your option before from other posts. Tried it again but no good.
    • I have tried the delete registry entry and no good.
    • I have tried removing accounts and adding again no good.
    • I have tried within WLM to log out of live and sync then log back in and no good.

I have 4 accounts of which 1 is my ISP and 3 are live. My ISP and 1 of my live accounts always sync as soon as WLM client is launched. The other 2 live accounts take time to get in sync but eventually they do. They are ok once in sync but if I reboot or restart WLM Client same issues again.

I have setup all 3 live accounts the same way and have tried solutions the same as well.

Nick.

Nick.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:34 AM
  • I have done steps A to G and also note this was my original setup and is currently my setup, still no good tho.

If I do step H this wil remove all my addons etc... I would need to add them all back, bit of a hassel. Is there a way to aviod that bit?

What about running IE9 without addons and set it up as steps A to G is that worth trying?

Nick.

• Marked as answer by Nick.P._ Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:54 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:11 AM
  • Fyi..

Windows Live Mail forum (ask questions, read replies, solutions) can be found here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail

...winston
    MSFT MVP Live Mail

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:17 AM