none
Windows 8.1 Incompatibility with Microsoft Money Plus?

Question

• Hi,
    I'm using Microsoft Money Plus (Sunset version) and it was working fine on Windows 8. But now I noticed that there is some incompatibility with Windows 8.1.
    As you can see [Screenshot http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5774/3p7u.png]... a particular option is not displaying correctly.. Everything else I checked is working but the Portfolio page is not showing properly...
    Any help?
    – M –
    @maheshone
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:43 AM

Answers

• Okay, guys.... As of now there's no solution.. BUT... I got an answer... you can use your ACCOUNT SUMMARY of your Investment accounts and it shows holding like portfolio... The only problem is it won't show the consolidated portfolio from all your accounts... but it works... 

You can check the screenshot here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1_pr-winapps/incompatibility-with-microsoft-money-plus/50d82f7f-70e9-4900-a5ff-5ffee2abc75b
    • Edited by maheshone Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:01 AM Added link to screenshot
    • Marked as answer by maheshone Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:01 AM
    Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:44 AM

All replies

• I am having the same problem... I think so. Portfolio Manager displays in a small windows and it´s impossible to work with...
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:20 PM
  • Does this also happen if you open the sample.mny file?

Bill Becker

Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:33 PM
  • Yes, it's the same for Sample.mny file.... Nothing helped as of now.... I trie re-installation and tried various compatibility mode (Windows 98,XP,7)...Nothing worked...

Please help!

Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:17 PM
  • Yes, here I try too every option in compatibility and couldnt get it working.... 
    Monday, July 01, 2013 1:54 PM
  • It appears that Money will not run properly on Windows 8.1 Preview.  There is a thread on the windows 8 IT Pro Forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/msonline/en-US/f7e3edee-dd0d-4310-8be4-2f2b53d96e68/windows-81-preview-and-ms-money-2005-view-portfolio-issue

For now, I suggest going back to Windows 8.  We can only hope that this will be fixed when Windows 8.1 is formally released.

Bill Becker

Monday, July 01, 2013 3:08 PM
  • Oh! Our bad... :(
    Monday, July 01, 2013 3:15 PM
  • I hope you have an image of your computer prior to installing the 8.1 preview, because otherwise you can't go back and you will be stuck with this (and perhaps lots of other) problems.  This should be a lesson to never install a Preview (which is a pre-beta) or a beta OS on your main computer.  There are lots of code and feature changes that will occur before a final release is made.
    Monday, July 01, 2013 5:19 PM
  • That's okay.. But now the real question is will it be okay when the final version of 8.1 is here or will I have to re-install WIndows 8 before installing the final Windows 8.1?
    Monday, July 01, 2013 5:22 PM
  • It's not totally clear.  Here's the FAQ: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-faq
    Monday, July 01, 2013 5:32 PM
  • Am I correct in assuming that Windows8.1 Preview comes with IE 11 ?

If so, could you install IE10 and try it with that ?

As IE does all the Money screen rendering, it may be related to the IE release.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:27 PM
  • Am I correct in assuming that Windows8.1 Preview comes with IE 11 ?

If so, could you install IE10 and try it with that ?

As IE does all the Money screen rendering, it may be related to the IE release.

Yes, 8.1 comes with IE 11. But am not sure whether reverting is possible and not sure whether it would solve the issue.. coz Portfio Manager is not using IE... Some other menu uses IE and they are all working... The only problem is with Portfolio Manager..

Anyways... Need to check if it's possible to downgrade IE alone... 

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:30 PM
  • My understanding was that ALL screen rendering in Money was done by IE, so the Portfolio Manager display should be no different.

However, it appears as if it's rather academic. According to the following post you're stuck with IE11.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1_pr-windows_install/how-do-you-roll-back-to-ie-10-in-windows-81/d1b1eac6-11c5-422b-8700-50ab1fdabc81 

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:34 PM
  • Oh sad... :(

BTW, when will they release the final version? Later this year or next year only?

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:37 PM
  • Later this year was my understanding although it's of no interest to me as I'm sticking with Windows 7.

Good luck with 8.1

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:41 PM
  • Yeah.. Thanks! :)
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:44 PM
  • You're not alone, I'm having the same issue here too.  However, luckily I have multi-boot OS in place just in case this would happen.  I really wish it was operational since it worked great with Windows 8.
    Sunday, July 07, 2013 8:54 AM
  • Yes, you are not alone. I'm having the same issue with the MS Money 2005 FRENCH version 14.0.120.2107. This is the last French version. If it could help, I use my money file with Windows 8.1 Preview for all normal transactions and I use the same file synchronized with Dropbox on another Windows version (8, 7 or XP) when I have to change something in the portfolio. I really don't want to go back to Windows 8.<o:p></o:p>

That's mean that you can use the same file with differents versions of Windows OS but of course with the same Money version. Just the portfolio is not working properly in 8.1 Preview.

Regards.

dag12

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:46 AM
  • I'm having the same issues and unless they get fixed in the 8.1 final release, this will be the sunset release for me and my clients..... :(

Sorry, MS, I'm tired of making excuses for you. Make it work.  

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:22 PM
  • There were so many updates to Windows 8.1 ever since they released the preview... but nothing solved this issue. :(
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:00 AM
  • Okay, guys.... As of now there's no solution.. BUT... I got an answer... you can use your ACCOUNT SUMMARY of your Investment accounts and it shows holding like portfolio... The only problem is it won't show the consolidated portfolio from all your accounts... but it works... 

You can check the screenshot here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1_pr-winapps/incompatibility-with-microsoft-money-plus/50d82f7f-70e9-4900-a5ff-5ffee2abc75b
    • Edited by maheshone Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:01 AM Added link to screenshot
    • Marked as answer by maheshone Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:01 AM
    Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:44 AM
  • I´m told that the view is OK in 8.1 RTM.
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:48 PM
  • How can I get RTM?
    Monday, September 02, 2013 10:38 PM
  • Guys, to throw a wrench into the fray....I have a Win 7/64 home computer and a Sony Vaio lap top also running Win 7/64. My home computer displays my Portfolio page correctly however I have the same problem you are having with the portfolio display on my Sony Vaio. For some reason, it did work fine for  the first few months that I had my Sony, then the display shrunk to a unusable size. Not sure why it happened but I can say it is not just isolated to Windows 8.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 12:05 AM
  • I just update in Windows 8.1 pro. Now everything is again ok in MS Money 2005.

dag12

Friday, October 18, 2013 10:27 AM
  • Any one else get it working?   I'm considering a new computer running Windows 8.1.  However it has to be able to run Money Sunset and let me view, in one page, my entire portfolio which is spread across five accounts.    Where the problems only in Windows 8.1 preview and the bugs worked out on the official version?   Thanks,

john r

Saturday, November 09, 2013 3:59 PM
  • I tested on a computer yesterday after posting the above and it works perfectly.   

john r

Sunday, November 10, 2013 1:42 PM