none
Importing CRM 2010 to CRM 2013

Question

• hi,

I have just installed á new CRM 2013 application server, Reporting server and SQL 2012 server. I want to test upgrade of my production CRM 2011 to a DEV domain. There is a full both ways trust between my DEV and Production Domain.

I have installed CRM 2013 with no errors and now I want to import my Production DB. I have copyed the DB to DEV on the new SQL server and renamed it.

In the "Import Organization Wizard" I choose  "Automatically Map Users"  I get error probably because users do not exist on my Dev domain.

My question is, how should I import users??, I can go fore "Select Custom Mappin Options" and  find all users on production domain because it is a full trust between domains, or should I create all users in DEV.  I do not want to make any chages to the users I import. I do not want their default Organization to change to DEV Organization.

What is the best way to do this? I guess I need 10 members to test CRM 2013.

pls adv,

thanks.

Erró

Friday, March 07, 2014 9:56 AM

Answers

• If you only need so few users, you ought to be able to map them by hand, surely?

I would probably not create loads of users in your dev domain, as I suspect this will just cause an admin headache of maintaining two accounts and passwords, and potential conflicts, and you won't be able to test things like email properly if they do not have the same addresses (and more problems if they do have the same....)

Note also, "default organization" is per deployment. So in your new deployment, the Dev org will be their default because it is the first one they are added to in that deployment. But this will not affect how they log on in production since that is a totally separate deployment with its own config database.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

• Marked as answer by Erró Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:37 AM
    Saturday, March 08, 2014 5:06 PM

All replies

• If you only need so few users, you ought to be able to map them by hand, surely?

I would probably not create loads of users in your dev domain, as I suspect this will just cause an admin headache of maintaining two accounts and passwords, and potential conflicts, and you won't be able to test things like email properly if they do not have the same addresses (and more problems if they do have the same....)

Note also, "default organization" is per deployment. So in your new deployment, the Dev org will be their default because it is the first one they are added to in that deployment. But this will not affect how they log on in production since that is a totally separate deployment with its own config database.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

• Marked as answer by Erró Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:37 AM
    Saturday, March 08, 2014 5:06 PM
  • thanks, I will do this.

Erró

Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:36 AM