File Corrupt on Installation

Question

• When I tried to install PP3 Beta, I ran the install.cmd file.  All seems to run smooth thru the first screen, but when I get to the second, I get the error File Corrput.  I tried to redownload it from Connect but still get the same error.  I am downloading each file individually.  I tried to use the download via FTM but I get a download.dlm file and not sure what to do with it.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:13 PM

Answers

• Not sure if they did something yesterday when the site was down, but I redownloaded it from connect with FTM and it installed finally.
    • Marked as answer by BFry24 Friday, October 16, 2009 12:42 PM
    Friday, October 16, 2009 12:42 PM

All replies

• Can you try to download the file from another machine or even location to exclude hardware, software and connectivity issues at your home site? Do you use Internet Explorer or another browser?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 2:24 PM
  • I tried 3 different machines and have tried IE8 & Firefox
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 2:50 PM
  • Using the option to download via FTM, you need to have Microsoft File Transfer Manager installed...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:18 PM
  • Tried it, but still the same issue.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:35 PM
  • Any other suggestions or is there another place to download PP3?
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:28 PM
  • Not sure, if there is a reason for executing a cmd.file instead of an executable, since I downloaded the full installation image (my other system available for testing  is in German language, so I can't use it for testing of the current upgrade version and just now I have difficulties to login to Connect).

Execute the file from a local folder on the server and ensure, that all executables are not having the blocked button in their properties (which may hard interrupt access to the file due to the security settings of Windows Server 2003/WHS/IE.
    If this is not the reason, I would recommend to try the download from another network or to run setup on another machine (even a viirtual machine could do) . This should remove networking issues as well as hardware issues from the equation.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:30 PM
  • Not sure if they did something yesterday when the site was down, but I redownloaded it from connect with FTM and it installed finally.
    • Marked as answer by BFry24 Friday, October 16, 2009 12:42 PM
    Friday, October 16, 2009 12:42 PM