none
Native XMLHTTP support and Subgrids

Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question regarding subgrids, Update Rollup 1 and the IE security option "Enable native XMLHTTP support".

I have added a subgrid to an entity's information form. I want to simply display some related records within said subgrid. For no good reason, data would not be displayed at all, even though the filter for the view permitted any records to be included. After some looking I happened across this blog post. Which indicated that the problem arose after the application of Update Rollup 1 (we are on 3). Their solution to the issue is enabling "native XMLHTTP support" in the "advance" tab under "internet options".

I tried this and it worked, however this solution is not ideal as we would like to avoid the need for every end-user to go under-the-hood and change that setting. Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed in any more recent Update Rollups, or is this an issue at all? Are there any other work-arounds for it?

Thanks, any replies are appreciated!

Kirk Roerig

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Kirk

You could push that setting out to your users via Group Policy. I've not tested this with Rollup 8 but with Rollup 5 this problem still exists.

Kids don't try this at home!

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 9:10 PM
  • Hello Gayan,

Thanks for the reply. We were actually discussing that as a solution, but I wanted to see if there was any way to address this issue from within Dynamics. I looked at the change logs for the Update Roll ups since 3 and none of them mentioned this issue, so I'm assuming it hasn't been looked into by MS. :)

Thanks again.

Kirk Roerig

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:18 PM