none
Is Microsoft still offering the Microsoft Genuine offer?

Question

• Is Microsoft still offering the Microsoft Genuine offer for people who unknowingly purchased counterfeit office software?  If so what do you have to do?  Thanks.
    Monday, January 02, 2012 11:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• "TraGregZ" wrote in message news:4bf39441-cb92-4cba-ad8a-94392ea3ad1d...
    Is Microsoft still offering the Microsoft Genuine offer for people who unknowingly purchased counterfeit office software?  If so what do you have to do?  Thanks.

Yes, they are – look here for details.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, January 02, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Thank you, but I don't see anything there about the offer?  Someone told me if you report the counterfeit seller and give Microsoft the counterfeit software you could be eligible for a free copy or for a discounted kit or something?  I didn't see anything about that on the website you provided, am I missing it somewhere?

Monday, January 02, 2012 11:38 AM
  • "TraGregZ" wrote in message news:d6c4ecf0-3a8d-4c98-afb3-c8171d868fa5...

Thank you, but I don't see anything there about the offer?  Someone told me if you report the counterfeit seller and give Microsoft the counterfeit software you could be eligible for a free copy or for a discounted kit or something?  I didn't see anything about that on the website you provided, am I missing it somewhere?

That’s on the accompanying pages – but may not apply in your area.
    Fill in the counterfeit report.

Monday, January 02, 2012 12:01 PM
  • Thank you!  Is there a way to find out if it's eligible in my area before starting the process of filing a report?
    Monday, January 02, 2012 12:05 PM
  • "TraGregZ" wrote in message news:51b822c6-7703-4392-a599-f1aef5fc915d...
    Thank you!  Is there a way to find out if it's eligible in my area before starting the process of filing a report?

IIRC, it says somewhere on the form or in the other pages on that site. Certainly it’s in effect in the US and the UK.

Monday, January 02, 2012 12:14 PM
  • I'm in the US, thank you so much for your help and for responding so quickly!

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Monday, January 02, 2012 12:21 PM
  • "TraGregZ" wrote in message news:6c4c29f6-0727-4e36-80b3-9c46af932dc2...

I'm in the US, thank you so much for your help and for responding so quickly!

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

You’re welcome – Good Luck!

Monday, January 02, 2012 4:23 PM
  • "The Office Genuine Advantage program has been retired"  Ref:  Support for Microsoft Genuine Advantage for Windows and Office
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, January 02, 2012 5:04 PM