none
Panoramas just show grid and buffering label, never load images

Question

• Hi All,

I'm experimenting with HDview, and finding some of my images don't come out right. Here's what I'm doing:

- Taking spherical projected HDR panoramas in Radiance format (.hdr) into Photoshop CS5.

- Using HDview export plugin to export. Selecting "Spherical (Horizontal)" projection.

Some of my panoramas work fine when I do this, others present me with a black screen with a grey grid overlayed on it, and yellow "buffering" message, but never load. I've tried various combinations of Zipped/ Not zipped, different compression levels, even tried flat projection. No success.

I've uploaded two archives, one of my working result, one of my not working result. Each archive contains the original HDR spherical image and the html/xml/image files produced by the PS plugin. I've posted my system info below. If anyone can figure out how to get the latter working and let me know what they did, that would be great. Thanks.

Working

Not working

System and software info:

- Win 7 Pro x64

- 4GB RAM

- Intel Core i3-330m

- ATI Mobility 4330 512MB graphics card

- Tested in Firefox 4.0, Chrome 10.0.648.205, Internet Explorer 8

- HDview files created in Photoshop CS5 with latest HDview plugin, and viewed with latest HDview viewer.

Monday, April 18, 2011 5:01 PM

All replies

• The black screen with a grey grid and constant "buffering" message usually means HD View can't find or load the tiles it's looking for.  That's not happening for me in this case; I can load both web pages with HD View.  However the "not working" image (frame0012_ccd0.equi.hdr) is way overexposed and HD View doesn't handle it very well.  (Nor does Photoshop CS4, but it has more options to try to get it into the visible range.)

--Howard

Monday, May 09, 2011 5:23 PM