none
question about the members of struct "packet_base"?

Question

• Hi there,

I am studying the source code of Sora and wanna give every packet a mark. The source code provides the format of the packet .

typedef struct __PACKET_BASE
    {
        PMDL         pMdl;    // point to the MDL for the packet content
        PTX_DESC     pTxDesc; // point to the Tx Descriptor for modulated samples

LONG         fStatus;
        ULONG        PacketSize;
        ULONG        Reserved1; //for customized attachment
        ULONG        Reserved2; //for customized attachment
        ULONG        Reserved3; //for customized attachment
        ULONG        Reserved4; //for customized attachment
        PVOID        pReserved;
    } PACKET_BASE, *PPACKET_BASE, **PPPACKET_BASE;

I konw some members are already used in some place, like PacketSize,Reserved3,pReserved. How about the rest of these members?
    All used?  If so, whether can I just add one member to work as a flag? Should other source code be modifide at the same time?

Friday, February 24, 2012 1:04 PM

Answers

• @anthony_j1,  these reserved fields are basically *reserved* for SoftWiFi drivers. So you'd better not to overwrite them.

If you really need some extended flags, you may use Reserved4 or define your own data member at the end of the structure.

- Kun

• Marked as answer by anthony_j1 Monday, March 26, 2012 2:33 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:05 AM

All replies

• @anthony_j1,  these reserved fields are basically *reserved* for SoftWiFi drivers. So you'd better not to overwrite them.

If you really need some extended flags, you may use Reserved4 or define your own data member at the end of the structure.

- Kun

• Marked as answer by anthony_j1 Monday, March 26, 2012 2:33 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:05 AM
  • That is what i've done. I use dbgview to find these flags work fine. Thx, anyway!

Monday, March 26, 2012 2:30 AM