none
product key has worn away

Question

• hello can you help me, my daughters product key has worn away and i can't find the disc that had it on either. how do i obtain her product key.

thankyou

tj

Saturday, August 06, 2011 4:35 PM

Answers

• The chances are that teh Key in the machine's registry is going to be the OEM_SLP Key - but try using Belarc Advisor, if the system is still running.

www.belarc.com

Why do you need the Key?

If you reinstall the machine using the manufacturer's Recovery disks, you should not need to enter the Key, as their Key is included in the disk, and will self-activate assuming it's the right disk for the machine.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:26 PM
  • Please contact the manufacturer of your computer and request their Windows recovery/reinstallation disk.  Such disks usually do not require a product key since they are BIOS-locked.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, August 08, 2011 1:15 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The chances are that teh Key in the machine's registry is going to be the OEM_SLP Key - but try using Belarc Advisor, if the system is still running.

www.belarc.com

Why do you need the Key?

If you reinstall the machine using the manufacturer's Recovery disks, you should not need to enter the Key, as their Key is included in the disk, and will self-activate assuming it's the right disk for the machine.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:26 PM
  • Please contact the manufacturer of your computer and request their Windows recovery/reinstallation disk.  Such disks usually do not require a product key since they are BIOS-locked.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, August 08, 2011 1:15 PM
    Answerer