none
how to get pirated copy off my computer windows 7

Question

• A man "fixed" my laptop with a pirated version of windows 7 professional.  I cannot get the OS system removed from my computer to install the recovery disks I bought from Toshiba.  It tells me that the computer doesn't recognize the disk as a Windows install disk.  Toshiba sent me 3 recovery disks. The first one says when the computer starts to hold the C button down until you see toshiba come up and let go.  I am assuming this should take it to DOS and the CD erases the copy currently on my laptop and then the other disks replace it but it is not working.
    Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:01 PM

Answers

• A man "fixed" my laptop with a pirated version of windows 7 professional.  I cannot get the OS system removed from my computer to install the recovery disks I bought from Toshiba.  It tells me that the computer doesn't recognize the disk as a Windows install disk.  Toshiba sent me 3 recovery disks. The first one says when the computer starts to hold the C button down until you see toshiba come up and let go.  I am assuming this should take it to DOS and the CD erases the copy currently on my laptop and then the other disks replace it but it is not working.

The disks that Toshiba sent you will include one bootable DVD.  Whichever one that is should be placed in the computer's DVD drive and the machine is then turned on.  You should press the F12 key until you get the menu to restore from DVD or Flash drive, chose DVD.

If you read the computer's manual on Toshiba's web site it will tell you how to recover the computer using the recovery media specific to your model.  The information I posted about the F12 key is for most Toshiba products but yours may be different.  If you go to this web site and enter your laptops model and model number you can get the manual for your system.  http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp?nav=Product%20Support

Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:49 AM