none
call recorder, file browser apps for windows 8 phones

Question

• What are the plans of Microsoft to release the call recorder app for windows 8 phone?, if they have no such plans, how can I return this dumb wp8 phone and get refund.
    Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:54 PM

All replies

• As with any phone, return it to the vendor you bought it from.

In any case, you asked in the wrong forum (this is the software development forum). Ask your question here.

BTW, Apple and Google have not released their own call recorder apps either.

Saturday, October 05, 2013 5:12 PM
  • Thank you for reply.

though Apple & Google have not released the call recorder apps, they have not restricted the required software components for others to develop the required apps. It appears to me that, Microsoft has restricted access for others to develop these apps.

my question : Does MS allow others to develop call recorder apps? Does the developer community have all the required information, tools available on windows 8 to develop the call recorder apps?

Sunday, October 06, 2013 10:58 AM
  • I would not want there to be a way for my cell phone to record my calls.   I can think of some good uses for this but it also can be used as an invasion of privacy.   If you really have a need to record a call you could use google voice for this.
    Sunday, October 06, 2013 3:15 PM
  • Call recording..I use it when my girlfriend gives me a long list of to-do (help her with documentation typing things out).  This is ridiculous.  I am on preorder for my first windows phone ever (the nokia 1520) and the more the days go by, the more I am rethinking and most likely (very much looking now that way) just ultimately cancel my order and stick with android.  I really wanted the 1520 and was impressed with wp8 (tried the 1520 at an ms store) but these stupid restrictions are plain idiotic.  If MS really wants market share all they have to do is loosen things a bit allow a little customization (am not talking just wallpapers and neither am talking rooting and messing with system level stuff) and folks will come in droves.

BUT....it will not happen.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:01 AM
  • This is a developer forum.

Unless you are a developer or planning to be one, you shouldn't be here.

Asking your questions or manifesting your concerns with windows phone here won't produce any result.

By the way, you can tell your girl friend to use one note instead. It has a voice recording option as well, so she can add her to-do list and share it with you.
    • Edited by mcosmin Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:46 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:38 AM
  • Well I am a developer.

The problem that this user (to be, or not to be) is real. This Is a required feature. It Is best if Microsoft will give a built in option to do it (with upload to SkyDrive of course). This can be killer feature. I had iPhone and Android, they allow it but they do a bad job doing it. If you would do it (In countries like Israel where it is legal) your sales can be tenfold.

BTW, now I have WP8. There are 2 problems with it (for me). There is not WAZE app, and after they were bought by Google I think there will never be, and no other navigation app has the same level (their giant users base means that you get real time notification on traffic) and the other one is the lack of recording app.

What is your advantages on the other phone OS? not as a developer, as a client.

Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:10 PM
  • Oscar, you can post requests for Windows Phone development features on the Windows Phone Dev Platform UserVoice.

As mSpot suggested, the right place to discuss non-developer features is in the Windows Phone forum answers forum.

--Rob

Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:19 PM