none
Academic Search - citations

Question

• Hi,

Is-there a way to add citations to a given paper ? Often, for a paper A citing a paper B, even if A and B are both in the Microsoft Academic Search database (and are not in obscure journals), the citation is not listed and I didn't find a way to add it.

I am thus worried by the following : Microsoft provides a "ranking" of researchers. Ultimately, this ranking is meant to be used (eg., for universities to recruit  and compare candidates etc. - otherwise, why providing it ?). If so, the metric should be accurate otherwise the ranking just doesn't make sense and should not be used or even spread since it can harm candidates. In practice, I get 13 citations on MS Academic Search while I have 55 on Google Scholar, more than 4 times more. This is not due to missing papers in the database, but rather missing citations only. 

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 3:46 AM

Answers

• Hi, nbonneel,

We currently don't support the founction.  So, We can't edit the citation of a paper manually. Sorry for the trouble. We are keeping on improving our algorithm to resolve this issue.

• Marked as answer by nbonneel Tuesday, November 09, 2010 6:44 PM
    Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:26 AM