none
Windows 7 pro activation key

Question

• I have several dell windows 7 pro oem activation keys that are not going to be used.  My question is can I use those activaction keys with other installs?  Those activation keys have never been used and if I don't use them with other installs they will never be used.  Basically I'm building some pcs for our system that are not dell machines and I wondering if I can use those activation keys instead of purchasing new ones.  This will not be a pirating situation or multiple installs with the same activation keys.  Just one activaction key per new install.
    Monday, April 18, 2011 8:53 PM

Answers

• "jesse13579" wrote in message news:5f289d53-d66d-4a41-b380-6b09f7cbce7a...
    I have several dell windows 7 pro oem activation keys that are not going to be used.  My question is can I use those activaction keys with other installs?  Those activation keys have never been used and if I don't use them with other installs they will never be used.  Basically I'm building some pcs for our system that are not dell machines and I wondering if I can use those activation keys instead of purchasing new ones.  This will not be a pirating situation or multiple installs with the same activation keys.  Just one activaction key per new install.

No - OEM Keys are ONLY valid on the original computers on which they are installed and activated.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, April 18, 2011 9:34 PM

All replies

• OEM product keys are not transferrabe as you know.  Are these OEM COA product keys (from the yellow stickers affixed to computers)?  Are you using Dell disks?  Why do you have "extra" Dell product keys?

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Monday, April 18, 2011 9:22 PM
    Answerer
  • "jesse13579" wrote in message news:5f289d53-d66d-4a41-b380-6b09f7cbce7a...
    I have several dell windows 7 pro oem activation keys that are not going to be used.  My question is can I use those activaction keys with other installs?  Those activation keys have never been used and if I don't use them with other installs they will never be used.  Basically I'm building some pcs for our system that are not dell machines and I wondering if I can use those activation keys instead of purchasing new ones.  This will not be a pirating situation or multiple installs with the same activation keys.  Just one activaction key per new install.

No - OEM Keys are ONLY valid on the original computers on which they are installed and activated.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, April 18, 2011 9:34 PM