Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard (model no 1011) - compatible receiver?

Question

• I have this keyboard with a wireless Intellimouse explorer 2.0 (model no 1007).  I have misplaced the receiver - which searching the internet should be Microsoft Wireless Receiver version 2.0a (model no 1012) - but I cannot find a replacemnt anywhere.  I have found Microsoft wireless receivers versions 2.1, 3.0 and 3.0a and was wondering would any of these be compatible with my keyboard and mouse?
    • Moved by Max Wang_Chinasoft Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:34 PM Forum consolidation (From:Hardware)
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 8:39 AM

All replies

• Don't know about the mouse because I use a Logitech Revolution which I consider the best ever made. That said, I have the same MS Elite Keyboard and the receiver that came with it is the 3.0a model. It works just fine with the keyboard. My mouse has a separate "stick" receiver from Logitech. I do love the keyboard however. It's the only one with an additional built in thumbwheel. I wish Microsoft still made it.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:40 PM