none
CRM Email Tracking (Smart match?)

Question

• We recently discovered after an email is tracked in CRM (v4), any subsequent replies to this email by people within the company are also being tracked.  Can this be prevented?  On occasion, sensitive information is being tracked without the sender's knowledge.  

We have smart matching already disabled via the registry setting.  I thought that this did not happen when we originally installed our CRM system three years ago.

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:38 PM

All replies

• Is their Outlook client configured to track replies?

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:48 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  

In the outlook client CRM config, we have the checkbox for looking at incoming e-mails for tracking unchecked.  When it is unchecked, the "Track" field in the "Select the e-mail messages to track in CRM" section is greyed out.  

If I check the box that I described above, I can then select whether to track "All Emails", "E-Mail messages in response to CRM e-mail", or "E-Mail messages from CRM Leads, Contacts, and Accounts.  

Whichever way I set the checkbox and the track drop-down, replies to previously tracked emails default to having the "Track" button lit up in Outlook, meaning the message will be tracked when its sent.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:07 PM