Services will not start....................

Question

• My guess is that this is certificate related, but I can't make heads or tails of what the hell is going on. I verifed with DigiCert and they think everything is okay. Anyone run into this? It's driving me nuts.

Mike

Type: Date: Time: Source: Category: Event Id:
    6/19/2008 11:40:39 AM OCS Data MCU 1018 41063
      Could not connect to Active Directory to read configurations settings. Will retry in 30 seconds.
    6/19/2008 11:40:39 AM OCS Data MCU 1018 41038
      Office Communications Server Web Conferencing Server could not be started

Message: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.HttpTransport.LoadCertificate(CertificateInfo certificate)
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.HttpTransport.LoadCertificate()
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.HttpTransport..ctor(String listeningUrl, ICccpConfigurationProvider config, XmlWriterSettings writerSettings)
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.CccpAdapter..ctor(String listenerUri, ICccpConfigurationProvider config)
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.McuCccpAdapter..ctor(String listenerUri, ICccpConfigurationProvider config)
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.DataMCU.Hosting.Runtime.ApplicationController..ctor(IDictionary`2 appConfig, String appClassName, String cccpListenerUri, Byte[] httpsCertificateIssuer, Byte[] httpsCertificateSN, String mcuType, String mcuVendor, IServiceWorker serviceWorker)
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.DataMCU.ServiceWorker.StartServer(String[] args)

Resolution:
    Look in previous event logs for more information about this error
    6/19/2008 11:40:39 AM OCS Data MCU 1018 41009
      Failed to initialize the focus adapter.

Cause: Failed to initialize focus adapter
    Resolution:
    Check previous event log entries and resolve them.
    6/19/2008 11:40:39 AM OCS MCU Infrastructure 1022 61022
      Remote principal name is not configured in trusted server list.

The subject name chiocs01 of the certificate assigned to process DataMCUSvc(2076) was not found in the trusted server list.
    Certificate serial number: CN=DigiCert Global CA, OU=www.digicert.com, O=DigiCert Inc, C=US
    Certificate issuer name: 018B42C3173044AD97315465264C7F45.
    Resolution:
    Verify that the Subject Name of the certificate presented by the remote peer is configured in the trusted server list.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:50 PM

All replies

• 1) check for global catakig availability

2) check for root domain access

3) check dns for _msdc domain controller access

4) make sure the pdc emulator is online

OCS installs into the root domain (by default) so you need root domain dc access.  Us adinsite from sysinternals to see what ldap queried are oiung out.

Friday, June 20, 2008 2:20 AM
  • Make sure your OCS server has the correct DNS server this is how it will find your AD servers.

Keith Kabza OCS-MVP

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:33 AM