none
70-583 Learning Plan

Answers

All replies

• Hi Morten,

I have just tried to access other eLearning content and get a generic error so it looks like the site is down.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Friday, March 16, 2012 12:26 AM
  • Can somebody from Microsoft please comment on this? It's now 8 months later, and the link is still dead.

Cheers
    -Wayne

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:16 PM
  • Which link are you referring to as the above link works fine.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:57 PM
  • Which link are you referring to as the above link works fine.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm talking about the learning plan linked from the above page. Go to the "Preparation Materials" tab:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-583#tab3

Then under the "Preparation Materials" heading, there is a link titled "Learning Plan for Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications (Exam 70-583)" with the URL:
    http://learning.microsoft.com/manager/LearningPlanV2.aspx?resourceId=30f78dea-f126-4b01-82eb-52cbc908e4ec&clang=en-US&cats=d4e8e42c-3d5a-4a6e-915d-d99556a49bd7

Clicking on this leads to the following error page:
    http://learning.microsoft.com/Error.aspx

Cheers
    -Wayne

• Edited by wmaurer Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:30 AM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Thanks.

I clicked on the link and it took me to the Learning Plan

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:55 AM
  • Thanks Jeff.

Okay, finally it's working. It was something strange with my Microsoft live account. I signed out, and suddenly the correct page showed!

I then signed back in again (from learning.microsoft.com), and I was taken to a page asking about my preferences for Microsoft learning emails, which I filled-out and submitted. Now the page shows correctly regardless of whether I'm signed in or out of my Microsoft live account.

So basically, there's a bug somewhere in the interaction between learning.microsoft.com and Microsoft live accounts (which of course I can't reproduce now as I've filled-out the form).

Regarding the contents of the Learning Plan: I assume that since you have so many Microsoft qualifications, you've done this exam? The content on the Learning Plan above is quite old. Is it worth my time going through this Learning Plan, or would it be sufficient to go through the Windows Azure Training Kit - November 2012. No, I'm not trying to short-cut the process - I just don't want to spend time going through older material if it's not necessary - the newest material is more relevant for me and the Azure Projects we have here at work.

Thanks for your help
    -Wayne

• Edited by wmaurer Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by wmaurer Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:36 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by wmaurer Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:57 AM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:32 AM