none
Having Problems With My Computer Locking Up & Not Responding After Going Into Screensaver Mode, Hibernation Mode and/or Not Using After A While.

Question

• I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3 installed, along with all security updates from Microsoft's update web site.

This Operating system is installed on a HP Pavilion Model: a1020n with an Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06 GHz Processor. Has 504 MB of RAM.

I manually configured my Power Options to not Hibernate and go into standby mode by going to Start, Control Options, Performance and Maintenance and then to Power Options to adjust the settings. Thinking that this would resolve my issues. I am still having problems with this.

It seems when there is no activity and my screensaver comes on, it locks up again so, I disabled the sceensaver not to come on. After a while of no activity, it stills ends up locking up again somehow.

I really am confused and don't know what is going on at this point or what to do. Please, if anyone out there knows a solution, please let me know how to fix this problem I have. Thanks

Sunday, May 22, 2011 3:44 PM

Answers

All replies