I'm trying to use sycntoycmd.exe from the command line, but I'm unable to get it to run any folder pairs that I've created (and already run) in SyncToy--every time I get a "Folder pair <X> not found" error message. The folder pair name is being correctly stated in each case, so synctoycmd is correctly receiving the command line argument for the folder pair name (using -R).
Reopening Synctoy and running the folder pair works, so it's not a matter of the folder pair data being missing or corrupted.
I'm running XP SP3, if that matters.
Anyone have any idea why this isn't working for me?
Could you pls share out you command line, we will help you check the issue.
List a command line help as below:
Run SyncToy from a Command LineSyncToy can be run from the command line to provide support for scheduling or automating folder pair execution. The command line executable by default is located at: [System Drive]\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1\SyncToyCmd.exe.
SyncToy does not support running multiple copies of SyncToyCmd.exe at the same time. If a second instance of SyncToyCmd.exe is executed, there will be no errors and the command will not be executed.
The parameters provided by this command line interface are described below:
- -R Run all folder pairs that are marked as Active For Run All.
- -R [Name] Run the named folder pair (only one folder pair can be specified).
- SyncToyCmd -R MyFolderPair
- SyncToyCmd -R
NOTE: There can be no space between the -R parameter and the MyFolderPair name.
It is also possible to manage folder pairs from the command line. Folder pairs are managed through SyncToy.exe whereas scheduling is performed through SyncToyCmd.exe as described above.
SyncToy does not support running multiple copies of SyncToy.exe at the same time. If SyncToy is already running in in the Task Bar, and a second instance of SyncToy.exe is launched with or without any command line parameters, it will simply bring the already running instance into focus and no errors will be reported.
The parameters associated with SyncToy.exe are described below:
- -d(left=, right=, name=,operation=Synchronize|Echo|Contribute, [check=yes|no], excluded=,included=) Creates a new folder pair with the specified options:
- left - mandatory, provide absolute path for left folder
- right - mandatory, provide absolute path for right folder
- name - mandatory, provide name of folder pair
- operation - mandatory, specifiy action type for this folder pair
- check - optional, specify whether file contents should be checked for file matching, default is no
- excluded - optional, specifies exclude filter for files, defaults to none
- included - optional, specifies include filter for files, defaults to all
- -u Delete one or more folder pairs, no user data will be deleted
- -? Display Help
- SyncToy -d(left=e:\,right=c:\Pictures, name=MyPictures,operation=contribute)
- SyncToy -uMyPictures
Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
- Marked as answer by Yunwen BaiMicrosoft employee, Moderator Wednesday, December 02, 2009 8:32 PM