none
Noreplyall 2.4.1.0, save attachment on network , locking file

Question

• Hello,

I tried to find an answer. We are currently experiencing issue with this addon. 

To produce issue :

Save email on a shared drive (in a .msg)

Open the .msg from the shared drive.

Close it and try to reopen it. The addon does not release the file. I am sure this is just a code line to add to have it release the file when you close it.

I could pinpoint that the addon is the issue by disabling one by one all addons.

Regards,

Antoine

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 2:50 PM

All replies

• Ack! Thanks for the bug report - I'll investigate.

Seems this is not a totally unknown problem: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/0af3cca6-ab97-4145-be51-c2f16ebfdc8f

Something I've noticed is that if you open another inspector (separate message window) - any old message, it doesn't have to be another one that was saved as a file, it could be something from your inbox - Outlook & my add-in seem to release their hold on the msg file, and it can then be moved/deleted/reopened. Do you find the same, or am I just being lucky here?
    Wednesday, June 05, 2013 6:55 PM
    Owner
  • Hello,

I confirm the problem also for me.

To respond your question, yes I could release the hold on the msg without restarting Outlook by following these steps :

- Open the msg on a share drive.

- close the mail, try to open it again => you have the error message

- Close the mail

- Open another mail in your inbox which has never been opened since outlook was started

- try to open the msg again => it works now.

Indeed, it seems a new line which releases automatically the hold on the mail is necessary.

Thank you very much for your help.

Yohan.

Friday, June 07, 2013 8:14 AM
  • The good news is that I think I've managed to fix it (it was a bit more than one new line...) and I aim to release it after thorough testing.
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:52 AM
    Owner
  • Do you have any idea on the deployment date for the new version ?

Thank you very much,

Yohan.

Friday, July 12, 2013 8:17 AM
  • It's under test at the moment - having found and fixed a few errors, I need to retest some scenarios and, optimistically, then I can push the release button. Given other commitments, though, that'll be week after next at the earliest.
    Friday, July 12, 2013 1:59 PM
    Owner
  • The new release is finally available - I hope it fixes the locking problem for you (certainly, I was able to manipulate saved files in all my tests with various versions of Outlook).
    Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:24 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks,

I will test it again.

I will let you know if any issue arise again :).

Antoine

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:52 PM