no password required to login to the edge server

Question

• I've recently setup OCS 2007 R2 with an edge server. For some reason when people use the client from off campus, they are not prompted for a password (domain joined computer or not). All you have to do is enter the email address of the user you'd like to sign in as and your signed in. Obviously this presents a bit of a security concern. Any idea what might cause this behavior and what may resolve the issue? 
    Friday, September 25, 2009 8:15 PM

All replies

• Can you tell us more about your edge deployment, is it a member of the domain?

Mitch Roberson |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT
    Friday, September 25, 2009 8:25 PM
  • Chances are that logging in locally with the same user & pass would work
    So can you check wether that is the case?

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Friday, September 25, 2009 8:28 PM
  • the edge server is not a domain member its been setup pretty much following the recommendations specified in the documentation on technet.  non-domain off domain computer i'm using to test with is using a local account (which does not match the domain OCS users). 

doing a bit more testing, i broght the non domain computer over to the domain and plugged it into the domain network (did not join it to the domain), if i try to sign in as anyone there i'm prompted for my username and password (as one would expect), so i'd guess i've done something wrong with the edge server but i'm unsure just what yet.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 8:47 PM
  • see this blog post from Mike Stacy. Is this the same thing you are experiencing?

Randy Wintle | MCTS: UC Voice Specialization | Winxnet Inc
    Friday, October 02, 2009 6:26 PM
  • Hi
    Any update for your issue?

Regards!
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 8:52 AM