Forecaster data in MR

Question

• I have a client currently running Forecaster, Web Port and FRx. We reviewed MR today and questions came up for integrating with Forecaster and reports they currently publish to webport. I'm new to the services side of these installs so I'm not 100% confident in my responses to their questions.

My response to the web port was that the client will have the Report Viewer installed and an administrator will have set permissions to the folders in the reports library. When the user opens Report Viewer, I think it automatically connects to the web address where we installed it and then based on the security permissions they will see only their folders with the generated reports. I guess it's a little confusing b/c in webport they navigated to a web site via browser but now it will be an internal site?

Secondly, the integration with Forecaster. I downloaded and reviewed the FAQ but all it really said about Forecaster is that they are migrating everyone toward MR. So what is Forecaster's replacement if anything?

Thanks for your help!

Tracy

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:34 PM

All replies

• Hello Tracy.

In the first part you are correct.  The MR viewer will connect by default to the internal website that is initially configured.  If necessary this connection address can be changed but in most cases users will be connecting to the same place all the time.  The MR Viewer does basically replace the WebPort.  It also replaces the default

On your second question, Forecaster and MR do not interface and there are no plans to do so.  The idea is to merge Forecaster functionality into Management Reporter, giving you both reporting and budgeting in one product.  Based on information from Convergence 2010, this is scheduled for release sometime in 2012.

Let me know if you have any other questions in this area at Rob.Iversen@MSXGroup.com.  You can also sign up for our newsletter, at our website http://MSXGroup.com, which is filled with information on FRx, Forecaster, Management Reporter and other similar products.

Thanks

Rob

Rob Iversen MSX Group http://MSXGroup.com Rob.Iversen@MSXGroup.com
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:36 PM
  • Rob,

Thanks for this information. It was very helpful.

Tracy

Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:51 PM