none
HPC Job Manager fails to open when i set nodes in azure for second time.

Question

• Hi,

I am evaluating Linq to HPC with Azure using latest SP3 , I can able to successfully configure the sample application using AppConfigure application.

I can able to run application with azure head, compute nodes. First time i opened HPC Job Manager I can able to see the jobs submitted. I cleared the nodes(including SQL Azure) in Azure and next I recreated the azure instances, I can able to run the application but this time when I Opned HPC Job Manager I am getting the following error.

Failed to communicate with remote SDM store. Connection Failed. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.186.96.177:9893

Please let me know how can i fix the same.

Aravindakumar.V
    • Moved by Don PatteeModerator Sunday, May 13, 2012 2:51 AM (From:Windows HPC Server V2 Pre-RTM)
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Aravindakumar,

Could you tell me how you managed to clear the nodes and recreate the Azure instances? Did you recreate the headnode as well?

Michael

Thursday, December 15, 2011 2:05 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Yes, I have deleted the nodes list completely and recreated the nodes including the head node.

Regards

Aravindakumar.V

Aravindakumar.V
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 7:20 AM
  • Could you tell me exactly how you recreated the nodes?

Did you run another deployment from AppConfigure?

Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:30 PM
  • Hello,

I got the same problem as Aravindakumar mentioned -- the HPC cluster manager is not available on HPC cluster headnode deployed on Azure. The error says:

Failed to communicate with remote SDM store. Connection Failed. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.186.96.177:9893

I checked the system service, but did not find the hpcsdm and hpcmanagement service there.

Any suggestions on this issue?

Thank you,

Hui

Sunday, April 08, 2012 9:34 PM
  • Hi Hui,

Thanks for bring it up to us, this feature is not yet supported as Windows Azure does not have the same flexibility as on-premise HPC cluster. We are making efforts to get you a better experience on Azure but in the mean tinme, you can use the command line utilites to manage node information, etc.

This link would be worth reading about http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc972841(v=WS.10).aspx

Please let us know if you have further feedbacks, we really appreciate your comments!

Michael

Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Thank you Michael for answering this.
    Monday, January 07, 2013 5:52 PM