none
Can a RCB be equipped with two RF frontend?

Question

• Hi, I'm surveying Sora to check if it can be used for our research.

We need to use two RF frontend in one computer. This could be realized by having two RF frontends on a RCB or having two RCB cards with one RF frontend each.

Is this setting possible?

Thanks.

Saturday, August 20, 2011 6:02 AM

Answers

• For the first setting (having two RF frontends on a RCB), this is a typical MIMO setting, we are now working on a full software and hardware solution for this setting, the estimated release time for this solution is 6 months later. (2) For the second solution, it's possible if you can find a machine which has enough space to insert two sets of RCB+radio. The PC also should be compatible with Sora RCB. But I'm not sure whether you can make two instances of Sora driver simultaneously on one PC. I will ask my colleague and give you further information later.

-Jiansong

Monday, August 22, 2011 10:41 AM
  • Now, Sora RCB driver is not able to support muliple instances on one PC.

Friday, August 26, 2011 8:15 AM

All replies

• For the first setting (having two RF frontends on a RCB), this is a typical MIMO setting, we are now working on a full software and hardware solution for this setting, the estimated release time for this solution is 6 months later. (2) For the second solution, it's possible if you can find a machine which has enough space to insert two sets of RCB+radio. The PC also should be compatible with Sora RCB. But I'm not sure whether you can make two instances of Sora driver simultaneously on one PC. I will ask my colleague and give you further information later.

-Jiansong

Monday, August 22, 2011 10:41 AM
  • Now, Sora RCB driver is not able to support muliple instances on one PC.

Friday, August 26, 2011 8:15 AM