none
Unable to access organization data due to SQL Server error

Question

• Hello,

My CRM Server was working fine with update rollup 14. I installed update rollup 15 and now i am unable to access anything. Below is the error coming up when i try to open anything. I have no idea why this error is coming. Please help me resolve this.

Tanu Goyal

Monday, October 14, 2013 5:00 AM

Answers

• Try enabling tracing - this should give more detail on the error

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

• Marked as answer by Tanu.goyal Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:40 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2013 3:41 PM
  • Hello,

Today morning, I logged in to my CRM Server and its working fine. No generic sql error. I do not know what miracle happened last night but its working like a charm now.:) 

My conclusion to this problem is Uninstall update rollup 14 completely from root.

Tanu Goyal

• Marked as answer by Tanu.goyal Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:43 AM
    • Edited by Tanu.goyal Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:44 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1. is this on premise setup, if yes then you can check exact error you are recieving, then you got the below path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb"

You need to change the "DevError" attribute value to "On", you will find this attribute on Web.confing.

before you do this make sure to take a copy of webconfig.

save and refresh the CRM you will find the exact error.

2. another solution

go to the deployment manager and check sql database update is pending, if yes then update it.

Thanks!

Subhash

Monday, October 14, 2013 5:22 AM
  • Hi Subhash,

Thanks for the quick reply but i am still unable to troubleshoot the problem.

1. I opened web.config by following the path  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb". But "DevError" attribute is not present in the config file.

2. In the deployment manager, i am unable to locate sql server database. I can see three areas only, Deployment Administrators, Organizations and Servers. In Server area, The status is "Enabled".

Could you please elaborate more how to locate the error??

Tanu Goyal

Monday, October 14, 2013 5:32 AM
  • Is the attribute "DevErrors" instead of "DevError"???

Tanu Goyal

Monday, October 14, 2013 5:34 AM
  • The detailed error screen says:

Tanu Goyal

Monday, October 14, 2013 5:44 AM

• Tanu Goyal

Monday, October 14, 2013 5:46 AM
  • Any idea how to resolve this issue?

Tanu Goyal

Monday, October 14, 2013 10:50 AM
  • hi Tanu,

please check the below link, if this helps you

http://www.powerobjects.com/blog/2012/03/08/crm-2011-error-customizing-entity-form/

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/atif/archive/2012/01/22/unable-to-open-lead-entity-form-in-crm-2011.aspx

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/43bef0b8-32cb-4c31-a898-fd26b5bc2366/crm2011-cannot-open-one-entity-form-exception-of-type-systemwebhttpunhandledexception-was?forum=crmdevelopment

http://crmbusiness.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/crm-2011-form-loading-error-dont-panic-publish-again/

other wise you need to temporally uninstall rollup 15. and try to publish all the customization you have done.

or remove any new webresource you have added just before applying this rollup. then publish whole solution and check if crm is working then reinstall the rollup 15. 

Hope this helps

Subhash

Monday, October 14, 2013 11:31 AM
  • hi Subhash,

I uninstalled update rollup 15 . I am still getting the same error. These links didn't helped me. All the rowspan values are right.

Tanu Goyal

Monday, October 14, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Try enabling tracing - this should give more detail on the error

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

• Marked as answer by Tanu.goyal Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:40 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2013 3:41 PM
  • Hi,

'Generic SQL Error' isn't helpful. Is it? Please turn on tracing to get the details of error and root cause. Otherwise, it looks like you are finding a black cat in a dark room. Here is the tracing tool that can help you a lot. 

http://crmdiagtool2011.codeplex.com/

And if you face difficulty in reading through log files, here is an excellent tool that will filter just errors/warnings for you so that you get to the root of problem very quickly.

http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=tracelogviewer

Run the trace and share the log with us :-)

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

Monday, October 14, 2013 10:50 PM
  • Hi David,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I had a go through log files and found following 3 errors in all logs. I am not able to understand these errors. If you can have a look at these.

WIN-R9F0BO2F93C-w3wp(3496#F1129B4A)-CRMWeb-20131015-1

process            thread     category            user    level      method
    w3wp               0          platform            00      error      Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 ReqId: ExecutionContext.RunInternal ilOffset=0x70

at ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)  ilOffset = 0x70
    at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)  ilOffset = 0x0
    at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)  ilOffset = 0x2B
    at ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()  ilOffset = 0x1A
    >RemoveUnusedCachesThreadProc Stopped.

w3wp               0          platform            00      error      Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 ReqId: NotificationManager.NotificationWatcherThreadProc ilOffset=0x49

at NotificationManager.NotificationWatcherThreadProc(Object locatorServiceContext)  ilOffset = 0x49
    at ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)  ilOffset = 0x70
    at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)  ilOffset = 0x0
    at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)  ilOffset = 0x2B
    at ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)  ilOffset = 0x20
    >NotificationWatcherThreadProc Stopped.

WIN-R9F0BO2F93C-CrmAsyncService(3584#5F3DFCC9)-bin-20131016-1

crmasynservice      20        platform.metadata   00       error      Organization:123bdhwbu-hwbc-jn-0wjmkm ReqId: <>c__DisplayClass1.<LoadMetadataContainerFromDatabase>b__0 ilOffset = 0x0

at DynamicMetadataCacheLoader.LoadCacheFromDatabaseInternal(LoadMasks masks, CrmDbConnection connection, CrmTransaction transaction, IOrganizationContext context, CounterList counter)  ilOffset = 0x37
    at DynamicMetadataCacheLoader.LoadCacheFromDatabase(LoadMasks masks, IOrganizationContext context, CounterList counter)  ilOffset = 0x1F
    at DynamicMetadataCacheFactory.LoadMetadataCache(LoadMethod method, CacheType type, IOrganizationContext context)  ilOffset = 0x12E
    at MetadataCache.LoadCache(IOrganizationContext context, Boolean fileOnlyIfExists)  ilOffset = 0xC0
    at MetadataCache.GetInstance(IOrganizationContext context)  ilOffset = 0x71
    at IndexManagementOperation.DoIndexManagement(ISqlExecutionContext sqlContext)  ilOffset = 0x0
    at IndexManagementOperation.InternalExecute(AsyncEvent asyncEvent)  ilOffset = 0x53
    at AsyncOperationCommand.Execute(AsyncEvent asyncEvent)  ilOffset = 0x4E
    at JobManager.ProcessAsyncJob(AsyncJob asyncJob)  ilOffset = 0x95
    at JobManager.InvokeHandler(Object state)  ilOffset = 0xE
    at QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()  ilOffset = 0x23
    at ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()  ilOffset = 0xA2
    >Multi-org sharable cache loading system and non-system metadata with build number 5.0.9690.3731 and language 1033.

I have uninstalled Update rollup 14 and 15. Its on UR13 right now. I have to make the server up anyhow. Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Tanu Goyal

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:30 AM
  •      Hi Imran,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I had a go through log files and found following 3 errors in all logs. I am not able to understand these errors. If you can have a look at these.

WIN-R9F0BO2F93C-w3wp(3496#F1129B4A)-CRMWeb-20131015-1

w3wp               0          platform            00      error      Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 ReqId: ExecutionContext.RunInternal ilOffset=0x70

at ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()  ilOffset = 0x1A
    >RemoveUnusedCachesThreadProc Stopped.

w3wp               0          platform            00      error      Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 ReqId: NotificationManager.NotificationWatcherThreadProc ilOffset=0x49

at NotificationManager.NotificationWatcherThreadProc(Object locatorServiceContext)  ilOffset = 0x49
    at ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)  ilOffset = 0x20
    >NotificationWatcherThreadProc Stopped.

WIN-R9F0BO2F93C-CrmAsyncService(3584#5F3DFCC9)-bin-20131016-1

crmasynservice      20        platform.metadata   00       error      Organization:123bdhwbu-hwbc-jn-0wjmkm ReqId: <>c__DisplayClass1.<LoadMetadataContainerFromDatabase>b__0 ilOffset = 0x0

at DynamicMetadataCacheLoader.LoadCacheFromDatabaseInternal(LoadMasks masks, CrmDbConnection connection, CrmTransaction transaction, IOrganizationContext context, CounterList counter)  ilOffset = 0x37
    at DynamicMetadataCacheLoader.LoadCacheFromDatabase(LoadMasks masks, IOrganizationContext context, CounterList counter)  ilOffset = 0x1F
    at DynamicMetadataCacheFactory.LoadMetadataCache(LoadMethod method, CacheType type, IOrganizationContext context)  ilOffset = 0x12E
    at MetadataCache.LoadCache(IOrganizationContext context, Boolean fileOnlyIfExists)  ilOffset = 0xC0
    at MetadataCache.GetInstance(IOrganizationContext context)  ilOffset = 0x71
    at IndexManagementOperation.DoIndexManagement(ISqlExecutionContext sqlContext)  ilOffset = 0x0
    at IndexManagementOperation.InternalExecute(AsyncEvent asyncEvent)  ilOffset = 0x53
    at AsyncOperationCommand.Execute(AsyncEvent asyncEvent)  ilOffset = 0x4E
    at JobManager.ProcessAsyncJob(AsyncJob asyncJob)  ilOffset = 0x95
    at JobManager.InvokeHandler(Object state)  ilOffset = 0xE
    at QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()  ilOffset = 0x23
    at ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()  ilOffset = 0xA2
    >Multi-org sharable cache loading system and non-system metadata with build number 5.0.9690.3731 and language 1033.

I have uninstalled Update rollup 14 and 15. Its on UR13 right now. I have to make the server up anyhow. Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Tanu Goyal

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:33 AM
  • Any update on this??

Tanu Goyal

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:37 AM
  • Hello,

Today morning, I logged in to my CRM Server and its working fine. No generic sql error. I do not know what miracle happened last night but its working like a charm now.:) 

My conclusion to this problem is Uninstall update rollup 14 completely from root.

Tanu Goyal

• Marked as answer by Tanu.goyal Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:43 AM
    • Edited by Tanu.goyal Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:44 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:43 AM