none
Video files not showing up in PS3

Question

• Everything has been going very smoothly with my WHS. I just recently moved all my video files out of the video folder into more specific videos PG, videos PG13, videos R folders, so I could restrict them from my son's shared folder on his laptop. In doing that I now have a problem with the video folder (PG, PG13, R) not showing up in the videos folder on my PS3. My PS3 fides the WHS just fine, but in the videos folder there are no videos and the video folders PG,PG13,R do not show up at all. Any suggestions?

Saturday, April 18, 2009 4:17 AM

Answers

• Yes. He can access everything but the 'videos R' folder on his laptop (shared folder). But none of the video files show up on the PS3 not even the unrestricted videos PG and vidoes PG13.

Changing the security permissions like that on WHS is unsupported.  If you change it back to the way it was, does it then show all of the videos again?
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:56 AM

All replies

• Everything has been going very smoothly with my WHS. I just recently moved all my video files out of the video folder into more specific videos PG, videos PG13, videos R folders, so I could restrict them from my son's shared folder on his laptop. In doing that I now have a problem with the video folder (PG, PG13, R) not showing up in the videos folder on my PS3. My PS3 fides the WHS just fine, but in the videos folder there are no videos and the video folders PG,PG13,R do not show up at all. Any suggestions?

Did you change the security settings on the subfolders inside the Videos share in order to restrict what he can and cannot access?
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 5:36 AM
  • Yes. He can access everything but the 'videos R' folder on his laptop (shared folder). But none of the video files show up on the PS3 not even the unrestricted videos PG and vidoes PG13.
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 9:08 PM

Changing the security permissions like that on WHS is unsupported.  If you change it back to the way it was, does it then show all of the videos again?
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:56 AM