none
Passed exam, couple of questions

Question

• Hi,

Just thought I would let you all know I passed exam 70-536 today with a score of 752/1000.

As a result, I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my previous thread ("Questions about my first exam"), especially Caddre. His links and posts have played a significant role in me passing.

My tips for devs who are going to take this exam are to ensure you know the parameters an object takes in its constructor, and also for its methods (e.g. with streamwriters etc). This is tested. The most efficient way of performing a task is probably the right answer so be sure to know how to distinguish which code is faster out of two samples. Some of the questions have 4 samples, all or some of which all do the task but in different ways.

I made a bit of a mistake by not revising/reading over the 1st chapter in the book as I forgot (won't post the question on here). I got a question wrong because of this, but that question could have been worth several marks (probably was as its 40 questions but out of 1000).

I have two concerns:

1) It took me only 30 minutes to do the test. This is reasonable as it is only 40 questions, but I fear Microsoft's techniques to catch cheaters may see this quick time as cheating, which I haven't. Even the exam centre owner was surprised I finished so quickly.

2) I did very well in some sections and not so well in others (purely because I forgot some obscure stuff). Will my employers see this transcript? The lower performance in some parts may put them off, but hey, at least I am certified I guess. If there is an area employers can see about my exam performance, I do want to provide the details on my CV, but I don't want them to know the exact breakdown of my result.

Thanks guys!
    Monday, February 09, 2009 10:50 PM

Answers

• To answers your questions:

1.) I finished 2 exams in about 35 minutes (70-271 and 70-272). There are other factors that are in place to determine if cheating takes place. I would not concern yourself with finishing earlier. Ironically, I worry about those who use the entire time for an exam. Makes me wonder if a little memorization is going on for future braindumps! :)

2.) Employers will not see any score report unless you physically show them. That report is between you and Microsoft (and possibly Prometric). All that matters is the Pass or Fail mark. And that is what they will see on your transcript. Furthermore, any exams you fail will not show up on your transcript either.

Congrats on your passing!
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:30 AM
  • Congratulations GSS1.

I think your specific question about being identified as a "cheater" is related to Microsoft Learning's new "forensic" method of identifying cheaters/braindumpers/fake exam takers, through elaborate data analysis. This should not be a concern to you, since there are many factors involved in Microsoft's "profiling" of a cheater. If all that happened is that you passed one exam quickly, red flags will not go up. There are many other factors involved, which based on the information you provided here, will likely not affect you.

Good luck on your next exam! :)
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:13 PM

All replies

• To answers your questions:

1.) I finished 2 exams in about 35 minutes (70-271 and 70-272). There are other factors that are in place to determine if cheating takes place. I would not concern yourself with finishing earlier. Ironically, I worry about those who use the entire time for an exam. Makes me wonder if a little memorization is going on for future braindumps! :)

2.) Employers will not see any score report unless you physically show them. That report is between you and Microsoft (and possibly Prometric). All that matters is the Pass or Fail mark. And that is what they will see on your transcript. Furthermore, any exams you fail will not show up on your transcript either.

Congrats on your passing!
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:30 AM
  • Congratulations GSS1.

I think your specific question about being identified as a "cheater" is related to Microsoft Learning's new "forensic" method of identifying cheaters/braindumpers/fake exam takers, through elaborate data analysis. This should not be a concern to you, since there are many factors involved in Microsoft's "profiling" of a cheater. If all that happened is that you passed one exam quickly, red flags will not go up. There are many other factors involved, which based on the information you provided here, will likely not affect you.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:13 PM
  • David Elfassy said:

Congratulations GSS1.

Hi,

Yea it is related to MS's forensic method, I should have mentioned this. I think I read somewhere that it has caught non cheaters.

Anyway, thanks to all who have responded in this thread and answered my questions. :)
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:21 PM
  • Most of my exams I have finished in half an hour or so (even the licensing one!). I wouldn't worry too much about finishing quickly.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:19 PM