none
Error in updating Scheduler configuration.

Question

• Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your help. I am using HPC R2 pack installed on 2008 R2 machine acting as head node, I had compute node HPCCN01-07 added to cluster & everything working fine. Because of some hardware failure I was in need to replace two of my nodes HPCCN03 & HPCCN07. I deleted both nodes from HPC server manager GUI & operation went successful.  NOw I am trying to add two different machine with same hostname to the headnode as preconfigured compute nodes, the operation is failing with following errors in provisioning logs :

Failed to update the scheduler configuration. The node with name HPCCNO7 already exists.

Any ideas how to get past this errors.

Regards,

Rohit
    Friday, October 14, 2011 8:44 AM

All replies

• Did you recreate computer account on Active Directory? I am not sure, but try to delete computer accounts for HPCCN03 & HPCCN07 from AD, and rejoin this nodes to domain firstly, then add it to cluster.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 2:58 PM
  • Already tried but no help. However on head node I reinstalled the cluster manager software and now I am able to add all the nodes. I believe the cluster manager keeps a backup of information somewhere and when it is trying to update that it failed. It would be good to know about such details. Otherwise whenever a problem occurs always reboot or reinstallation is not feasible.
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 4:16 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, thats a problem. HPC pack tracks information about its state and all of nodes. Sometimes, for example, as in your situation, it can produce an error. Sad, but i didnt find a solution for such a problems. But i'll ask some people who may know. Because reinstalling of whole bunch of stuff when such an error occurs, is no good..

Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:26 AM
  • BTW, this error does not connect with AD-infrastructure. I think that it keeps its database in another place.

HPC Pack has enough not-so-well-documented-features. :(

Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:28 AM
  • The HPC maintains several SQL databases. We really need to have documentation for digging those databases or workarounds for situation like mine without re-installation or reboot :).

• Edited by Rohit_k13 Monday, October 17, 2011 10:03 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 10:03 AM