none
How long to process an order

Question

•  

I placed my order for a validation key on 27 April using Visa and immediately received an e-mail aknowledgement for my order.

I cannot understand why no on line key has been sent within 4 days.  Surely Microsoft have the ability and technology to process a credit card order within minutes of an order being placed.  Much smaller companies can do this and supply the software within minutes.  4-days and still waiting is not only unacceptable business but also worrying thjat an order has gone astray or that you are even dealing with a possible bogus company.

Monday, May 01, 2006 5:18 PM

Answers

• Everyone:

I have brought this up with our European group (as it seems to be a problem there), and we're trying to track this down.

Please be patient with us, we're definitely here to help you as fast as possible :).

-Phil Liu

Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:56 PM

All replies

• What region in the world are you in?

You should recieve your Product Key in your email. Check junk mail or perhaps spam mail box for one from service@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 01, 2006 6:46 PM
  • I am in the UK.

Nothing received by e-mail and junk mail and spam folders all checked
    Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:03 PM
  • I also live in the UK.

I recently placed an order on 17/04/06 and didn't receive the Product key until 25/04/06.

I agree that it should be quicker than this but hope this helps give you an idea of timescale for UK orders.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 1:18 PM
  • Thanks for that Topazali.  I find it incredible that Microsoft cannot move faster than this.  I have now had an email from csd@msdirectservices saying

"We would like to send your desired product, however our supplier has informed us that it is not currently available".
    Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:23 PM
  • Gizmo:

I'm still trying to track this down.

Don't worry, we haven't forgotten :).

-Phil Liu

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:32 PM
  • Phil,

I also placed an order on april the 27th and received confirmation e-mail after a few minutes. But nothing else for now. I'm worried because when I click the link from confirmation e-mail I see

Order Status: Issue with order

and down there Item status: Held

and I don't know how to explain that. I already contacted Microsoft Croatia, but they don't know what does it mean. So, can you please tell me is it normal or it is something wrong with my order.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 5:08 PM
  • Everyone:

I have brought this up with our European group (as it seems to be a problem there), and we're trying to track this down.

Please be patient with us, we're definitely here to help you as fast as possible :).

-Phil Liu

Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:56 PM
  • I have been waiting 5 days but got an instant mail back when I paid. My Email said "Upon payment confirmation, which could take up to 10 days depending on your payment type"  Well I paid by Mastercard and money has already been taken.  Nothing else via email.

Microsoft are clever enough to get this crafty update onto our machines so why are they not clever enough to set up auto replies with the information we require?

Microsoft would not have the problems with piracy if they made the product cheaper to begin with.  But they say the prices are high due to the software pirates so we should see a big price reduction on future releases..... but I don't think so.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 5:10 PM
  • Funny how the pop up balloon says "Click this balloon to fix this problem now"  when what it should say is "Click this ballon, we'll take your money instantly and we'll fix this problem in about a week or when we can be bothered"
    Sunday, May 07, 2006 9:03 AM