none
Saving a hurt database

Question

• Hello Everyone.  First time poster so not sure if this is where I should be posting, but here goes.

I have been using WHS ver.1 since it came out and everything was generally pretty good.  Last month or so I had a harddrive problem.  I have three drives equaling 1.6TB of storage.  I found the bad drive, bad sectors, and replace it.  During the "remove drive" process there were file conflicts and a lot of other problems and the database was lost.  I have since got it to show that the database is healthy but when I try to backup the database, the computer backups, not the shared folders, it tells me all sorts of errors and doesn't allow the backup.  I of course have run the "repair database" utility and that's where I see the database reports as being healthy.  If I can't backup the database, I am still at risk.  So now for my question.  Before I just nuke this whole thing, reformat all drives and re-install, is there any way to backup what I do have then place it back on the freshly formatted drives? or am I pretty much starting from scratch?  Oh, I was able to backup the shared folders, just not the main database which contains the 5 different computers.  I await any ideas.  Thanks...

...Mike

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 12:00 AM