Nintendo WII Wi-Fi connection

Question

•  

I can only access the internet on my Wii if i turn the WindowLiveone Care firewall off. Id the a way for my WII to access the internet with my firewall on. Please Help, I also allowed permission for my WIi to access but it only works if the firewall is truned off
    Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:35 PM

Answers

• I don't know what the Wii does to use your Internet connection on the PC, but if it uses an application, that application probably needs to be granted access through the firewall. Additionally, you may want to go to the advanced section of the firewall settings and enable Internet Connection Sharing. If that doesn't work, I'd contact support - they may know the answer from working with others on this.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:10 PM

All replies

•  

I Have even ajusted the firewall to allow ICS, and still has not resolved the problem. I cannot connect to the internet through the WI-Fi plugged into the USB port without truning the firewall off
    Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:17 PM
  • I don't know what the Wii does to use your Internet connection on the PC, but if it uses an application, that application probably needs to be granted access through the firewall. Additionally, you may want to go to the advanced section of the firewall settings and enable Internet Connection Sharing. If that doesn't work, I'd contact support - they may know the answer from working with others on this.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:10 PM