none
HdView documentation text

Question

• Could you please rephrase or extend this paragraph to something a more idiotproof ?

"For the tiled case the tile name will be formed by replacing the {l} with the level number, the {c} with the tile column and the last {r} with the tile row (assuming the counts start at 0; use {L}, {C}, and/or {R} for counts that start at 1)."

I`m having a hard time here going from single images to tiled...

Cheers: John Myrstad
    Monday, October 01, 2007 12:02 AM

All replies

• Hi John, I assume you decided not to use HDMake for some reason. I'll try to expand on the text above.

The tiles are arranged in a hierarchical file tree. Typically there will be a directory called "tiles". In this directory, there will be a set of directories called:  l_0, l_1, l_2, etc.  l_0 is the topmost directory that will contain the fewest overall files with the lowest resolution version of the image. For example, for a square image there might be only one directory in l_0, called c_0, and in c_0 only one 256x256 image called tile_0.wdp . In this case, l_1 will contain two directories, c_0, and c_1 (the two columns of images), and in c_0 there will be two images tile_0.wdp and tile_1.wdp. Two similarly named files will be in tiles\l_1\c_1. (Note, instead of .wdp images, these all may be .jpg files.)

Continuing on, tiles\l_2 will contain four directories, c_0, c_1, c_2, c_3, each of which contain four image files, and so on down to the finest level.

If the full resolution image is not square, there will not necessarily be a power of two number of image files in the lowest level directories. If it is very unsquare, there may be two (or more) columns at the highest level or may be more than one image in the one column c_0 if it is tall and narrow.

Hope that helps.

Monday, October 01, 2007 11:25 PM