Network Magic

Question

• I use Network Magic and Windows Live one care. Recently bought a wireless printer HP J6480 and the hardest time getting it to connect wirelessly.

But is working now. Host computer is running windows XP and 2 laptops are Vista. All 3 computers are in my Onecare circle. Printer is connected to my host XP computer.

Here is the problem... when i try to print from either laptop it takes about 1-2 min for it 2 print?? A dialog box always pops up about a min later, and i have to hit apply printer (J6480)  everytime i print and then it still takes a good minute to print? i know it is minor but any suggestions would be great.  Is thgere some type of conflict between Network Magic and onecare since both programs set up printer sharing automaticcally?

Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:01 PM

Answers

• OneCare configures Printer Sharing for you, if desired, in a Circle, but it is actually just using a permutation of Windows File and Printer Sharing, making the setting choices for you. I don't think that this could cause a conflict with Network Magic. However, I'd start by going into the settings in OneCare on all PCs and disabling the OneCare printer sharing to see if the problem goes away. If it does, great. If it doesn't, I'd contact Network Magic support for help.

-steve

Friday, October 31, 2008 4:02 PM