none
CRM 2011 SubGrid greyed out

Question

• Hi,

I am facing a strange behavior in the subgrids of any entity after saving the record where the subgrids in the form will be greyed out as the below picture.

When refreshing the form, the subgrid is normally loaded; however, after any save of the form, the subgrid will never be displayed.
    I have found a post to check the "Enable native XMLHTTP support" in the IE security settings without any success and I need the subgrid to be expanded by default for business processes.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Edited by A.Mar Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:19 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:17 AM

All replies

• Do you have any script or web resource on the form?

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:29 AM
  • There are no scripts that have direct impact on the subgrid. What I noticed is that on form Save, the subgrid control value is null, even when I apply setTimeout to the function and repeat the attempt multiple times.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:53 AM
  • Check the pervilages on the record from security roles

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:58 AM
  • The security roles are set correctly. The problem is even occuring with the System Administrator user. It is not related to the user privileges.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Try to set another default view on your sub-grid! I faced this issue some time ago on one of our custom entities. After we changed the default view everything got OK! I think something changes your default view on save event.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:36 PM
  • Thank you for your answer. I tried your solution but with no success.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:16 PM
  • Try to create another grid and check whether you get the same issue?

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:23 PM
  • If you are using IE10 uninstall it and restart the system or check if you have used crmForm in your code.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by BTG Ali H Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:40 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by BTG Ali H Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:40 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 6:31 AM
  • I recently had this issue as well. I discovered that the custom JavaScript we wrote had functions with names onload and onsave.  Apparently this conflicts with the native JavaScript on the CRM form.  In order to resolve the issue, we changed the names of our functions to something other than onload and/or onsave.

After changing the function names, the SubGrid no longer was greyed out and the form began to function normally.

• Proposed as answer by BTG Ali H Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:44 PM
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:43 PM
  • I am facing this issue only on production environment for some users; while, others are not although all the users have the same profiles configuration and security roles.

In addition, i don't have functions having the same name as onsave or onload.

Any other options i can try?

Thank you. 

• Edited by Charles A.K Monday, July 29, 2013 12:51 PM Clarification
    Monday, July 29, 2013 12:48 PM