printer error 0x0000000d

Question

• I can no longer access one of my printers from my lap top

During a Onecare uninstal reinstall in conection with another problem this printer has acquired a problem

In the refresh list it says Onecare cannot instal this printer and will keep trying

If I try to force the issue I get the above error message

Clearing the list does not work

I cannot sort the problem from Control Panel

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:42 PM

Answers

• Steve

I could not deal with the reply straignht away

The problem arose as a byproduct of the other problems I was having - I think the several uninstall/reinstalls of OneCare had something to do with it

Your advice did not work, so I redid it but adfter unsharing the printers I uninstalled the problem printer and restarted the sharing which was OK

I then reinstalled the printer and this time it shares OK

So maybe the glitch was on the main computer.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 8:33 PM

All replies

• Did this problem go away with the removal of the PC PitStop program, Ray?

-steve

Monday, November 17, 2008 6:01 PM
  • Unfortunately no.

The PC PitStop program is on my desktop computer, to which the printer is directly attached

The printer problem is on the laptop which has wireless connections to the desktop

Also the problem started after a Onecare install/uninstall on the desktop, rather than with the use of PC PitStop program

Monday, November 17, 2008 7:01 PM
  • So the problem pre-existed the installation of PC Pitstop on the desktop?

Have you tried unsharing the printer in OneCare on the desktop, removing it from the laptop list, then sharing it again on the desktop?

-steve

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 1:29 AM
  • Steve

I could not deal with the reply straignht away

The problem arose as a byproduct of the other problems I was having - I think the several uninstall/reinstalls of OneCare had something to do with it

Your advice did not work, so I redid it but adfter unsharing the printers I uninstalled the problem printer and restarted the sharing which was OK

I then reinstalled the printer and this time it shares OK

So maybe the glitch was on the main computer.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 8:33 PM
  • Thanks for the update, Ray. It sounds like the driver got out of whack in some way, perhaps with the OneCare reinstalls.

-steve

Sunday, November 30, 2008 9:05 PM